Questions about ultrasonic cleaners

  • richard_lai.geo
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi,

      I want to buy an ultrasonic cleaner for the cleaning work and have
      two questions.

      1. I assume I could not use it to clean the motor and electrical
      parts. Is there other parts I should avoid using it for cleaning?

      2. how should I choose the washing powder or liquid for cleaning my
      Z locos and cars?

      Thanks,
      Richard
    • Bill Powers
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
        Hi Richard, I'm not an expert but I have a micro-tool cleaner. I use 91% alcohol to clean with it. DO NOT USE WITH ANY PAINTED PARTS. ( I learn hard but well) You must relube everything after putting a loco (no body) in it. Don't forget the motor bearings. Don't run it before you do this. Please wait for others to speak on this subject.
        I want to buy an ultrasonic cleaner for the cleaning work and have
        two questions.

        1. I assume I could not use it to clean the motor and electrical
        parts. Is there other parts I should avoid using it for cleaning?

        2. how should I choose the washing powder or liquid for cleaning my
        Z locos and cars?

        Thanks,
        Richard

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor