Re: [z_scale] automatic reversing

  • A H-Ellary
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2001
      hey guys

      how about going dcc then all that auto reversing is taken care of by either
      a booster or a power management module

      and yes you can get the decoders in z gauge :)

      A H-Ellary the mad UK Z'er with digitrax Chief + winlok 2.1

      now with added web page www.nccnet.co.uk/ahellary
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2001
        > hey guys
        >
        > how about going dcc then all that auto reversing is taken care of by
        either
        > a booster or a power management module
        >
        > and yes you can get the decoders in z gauge :)
        >
        > A H-Ellary the mad UK Z'er with digitrax Chief + winlok 2.1

        Actually, I think that you can use the Digitrax PM-4 Power Management module
        even if you're not on DCC. It will detect a train passing into an
        incorrectly polarized segment of track and automatically reverse it so fast
        that you frequently can't even tell that it's done anything (unless you're
        watching the LEDs on the PM-4). I don't think that it will control your
        switches for you, though. So, either you need switches that will allow you
        to go the "wrong way" through them, or you'll need a trigger to activate the
        switches separately.

        - Alex W.

        "Trust in God.
        Believe in yourself.
        Dare to Dream."
      • ahellary@nccnet.co.uk
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2001
          hi guys

          i did try a pm4 well 2 actualy and thay did have a delay unlike a
          booster so i went with a second booster

          i was not aware of the pm4 working on non dcc but there are other
          auto reverers like one from loys toys and another that i cant remeber

          ahelary