Another hobby shop

  • zscale@retrograde.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      A Happy New Year to everyone!

      For those of you keeping lists of hobby shops who sell Z scale, I'd
      like to recommend the addition of The Train Center here in Seattle,
      Washington. The friendly couple who run the shop stock lots of
      Micro-Trains products, mostly N scale because that's the scale they
      model in their spare time. One display case is divided between
      Micro-Trains Z and Nn3 rolling stock. MT Z-scale couplers, trucks,
      and supplies can be found on the wall behind the counter. I picked up
      a package of MT uncoupler magnets and -- following a tip I was given
      on this list -- some Woodland Scenics HO-scale culverts. Sure enough,
      they'll make handsomely detailed Z tunnel portals, and wing walls are
      included.

      The owner mentioned a Z periodical called (if I remember correctly) Z
      Scale Gazette. Does anyone know about this newsletter? He had not
      heard of ZTrack magazine; I plan to show him a copy next time I
      visit. They also carry HO, Lionel, etc., but no Märklin.

      I am not aware of a web site or an e-mail address. Their street
      address is:

      The Train Center
      1463 Elliott Ave W.
      Seattle, WA  98119
      (206)283-7886

      A construction crew is rebuilding the street right in front of their
      door. Anyone planning to visit in the next week or two might want to
      call ahead and learn about their optional top-secret back door
      entrance.

      -- Andy Hunting