RE: [z_scale] Road width question

  • Anders Lattermann
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2001
      The roadbed I find the best is the one from Merkur.

      The Merkur Roadbed system is premade. It's just to snap in the track and it
      will look great at once. If you paint your rails rusty it will look extremly
      good. The overside is ballasted and the underside is made from soft foam.
      This gives less sound and also that the track is not glued down. Especially
      steam locos runs much better when the track is not glued stiff to the board
      since the track can flex which gives better contact to the long rows with
      wheels that steamers have. There is pieces available for all tracks from
      Märklin.

      If you want to see it, I have uploaded some pictures on my site. See
      http://www.lattermann.com/amaZing/ in the for sale section under tracks and
      electrics (far down on the page).

      Best regards from a wintery Stockholm!
      /Anders