Re: Track laying system by Tom Knapp

  • Bill Hoshiko
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2004
      Bill K... wrote:
      > Bill:
      >
      > I'm challenged to get your tiny url to work. Yes, I belong to the
      Nn3 group,
      > so that shouldn't be the problem.
      >
      > Secondly, are you sure the "track-work" reference is under "links"??
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Bill K.
      > Houston

      Sorry Bill K.

      The Tom Knapp file is a large Adobe file (1040 kb) and could take a
      long time to load. The tinyurl works for me.

      Since these tiny urls don't work 100% of the time I added the other
      link but I scewed that up also.

      I should have said to look it up under "Files". Last evening our
      intenet provider lost our connection and I could not get back on until
      now. 2:00 am Monday morn. I slept a little in between.

      Yesterday was the first time that I saw that Tom Knapp file. I
      usually keep tabs of all that is going on on the Nn3 groups but this
      handlaid instruction by Tom got posted back in March 2004 and it
      passed right by me. It has some great photos.

      By the way, I hope that you realize that you are the one who causes me
      to use El Toro, Ca in my sign off. There were far too many Bills but
      now it is Kyle, Keven, Taylor, Justin, and names like that. No more
      plain old Jim, George, Bill, or Bobs.

      Bill
      El Toro, Ca
    • zbendtrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2004
        Bill (El Toro variety):

        > By the way, I hope that you realize that you are the one who causes me
        > to use El Toro, Ca in my sign off. There were far too many Bills

        I started signing with Bill K because "Kronenberger" is a long name to type,
        spell or pronounce.

        As a tongue in cheek statement, at the beginning of this list group, I used
        "Houston" to signify us a the center of the known universe of Z scale. <smile>

        Back then, our one Z distributor had a generous Z scale display case so
        "large" that I could successfully "bear hug" it and still lock my fingers. It had
        almost no stock inside it.

        However, things are much better for us over the years since the list started.

        Today, our local shop has an 8 foot by 8 foot display case, loaded with a
        great cross section of what's available in Z. No, not everything that's
        available, but its a real testimonial to the growth of Z scale. When retailers stock
        something, its a good indication that it's selling -- they are not in the
        museum business, they need to sell.

        And we have three more shops that carry Z as well.

        From one of the "minor hubs of the Z universe"
        Bill Kronenberger
        Houston