Re: Robert Ray's Opera at Feather River

  • Vincent Goudreault
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2004
      > Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 03:55:46 -0000
      > From: "Robert Ray" <pray59@...>
      > Subject: Re: I did it !!
      >
      > Mei Mei/Vincent Goudreault wrote:
      >> Any chance the TTX and BN ones will be in stock again soon?
      >> I go check out the Feather River site from time to time, and I don't
      >> know if I am unlucky or always gets beaten to them, but it seems
      >> the BN and the TTX kits are always sold out... :-(
      >>

      > I think Chuck is swamped, so he did not update his website yet, but he
      > does have them in stock. I shipped him both of those roadnames this
      > week, and when I called him today, he said he just got the package. I
      > have an order of materials coming in next week, so I'll run another
      > batch of BN and TTX to restock Chuck again. I would never have guessed
      > they would be so popular, and originally guessed I would sell 50 or so.
      >
      > I just shipped a few of the new Issaquah Station Kits to Chuck today,
      > so those should show up by tomorrow or Monday. I only made a few to
      > test the demand, but my order of materials is due next week so I can
      > make more if needed. Once Chuck see's the station kits, he will update
      > his site for sure!
      >
      > -Robert

      Well, I tried to enter an order for a TTX and a BN, plus the associated
      coupler/truck assemblies, only to see the check-out window list what I
      want without ever moving beyond that point, it just gets stuck there
      with no window to enter name, address and payment options.

      I rebooted my computer in Linux (from Windows XP) to see if Mozilla
      is any better at dealing with the site (it is; for the record, any Linux
      stuff is light years beyond anything Microsoft puts out...) this time,
      selecting the TTX or the BN car is greeted with a pop up that says "out of
      stock, please select something else".

      So, the short story is that I am stuck no matter what and cannot order.
      Anyone with similar experience (and perhaps info as to how to proceed)?

      CBVG
    • zbarr474
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2004
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Vincent Goudreault
        <vgoudreault@v...> wrote:
        > > Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 03:55:46 -0000
        > > From: "Robert Ray" <pray59@s...>
        > > Subject: Re: I did it !!
        > >
        > > Mei Mei/Vincent Goudreault wrote:
        > >> Any chance the TTX and BN ones will be in stock again soon?
        > >> I go check out the Feather River site from time to time, and I
        don't
        > >> know if I am unlucky or always gets beaten to them, but it seems
        > >> the BN and the TTX kits are always sold out... :-(
        > >>

        > > I think Chuck is swamped, so he did not update his website yet,
        but he
        > > does have them in stock. I shipped him both of those roadnames
        this
        > > week, and when I called him today, he said he just got the
        package. I
        > > have an order of materials coming in next week, so I'll run
        another
        > > batch of BN and TTX to restock Chuck again. I would never have
        guessed
        > > they would be so popular, and originally guessed I would sell 50
        or so.

        > > I just shipped a few of the new Issaquah Station Kits to Chuck
        today,
        > > so those should show up by tomorrow or Monday. I only made a few
        > > test the demand, but my order of materials is due next week so I
        can
        > > make more if needed. Once Chuck see's the station kits, he will
        update
        > > his site for sure!
        > >
        > > -Robert
        > >

        > Well, I tried to enter an order for a TTX and a BN, plus the
        associated
        > coupler/truck assemblies, only to see the check-out window list
        what I
        > want without ever moving beyond that point, it just gets stuck
        there
        > with no window to enter name, address and payment options.
        >
        > I rebooted my computer in Linux (from Windows XP) to see if Mozilla
        > is any better at dealing with the site (it is; for the record, any
        Linux
        > stuff is light years beyond anything Microsoft puts out...) this
        time,
        > selecting the TTX or the BN car is greeted with a pop up that
        says "out of
        > stock, please select something else".
        >
        > So, the short story is that I am stuck no matter what and cannot
        order.
        > Anyone with similar experience (and perhaps info as to how to
        proceed)?

        > CBVG

        Make sure you don't have "cookie Blocking" enabled. Some sites, and
        I think this is one, dumps cookies on you, but if you block them it
        just lets you stare into space forever without explaining why.
        Try "enabling" cookies.

        ...don
      • Robert Ray
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2004
          Vincent Goudreault wrote:
          > So, the short story is that I am stuck no matter what and cannot order.
          > Anyone with similar experience (and perhaps info as to how to proceed)?
          >

          > CBVG

          Hi Vincent, I,m sorry for your inconvenience. I sent Chuck an email
          about the problem, and I hope he will fix it ASAP, but if you email
          him of the issue and what you want to order, he will make it good!

          Thanks,
          Robert Ray
        • Vincent Goudreault
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
            Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 03:23:02 -0000
            From: "Robert Ray" <pray59@...>
            Subject: Re: Robert Ray's Opera at Feather River

            Vincent Goudreault wrote:
            > So, the short story is that I am stuck no matter what and cannot order.
            > Anyone with similar experience (and perhaps info as to how to proceed)?
            >

            > CBVG

            Hi Vincent, I,m sorry for your inconvenience. I sent Chuck an email
            about the problem, and I hope he will fix it ASAP, but if you email
            him of the issue and what you want to order, he will make it good!

            Thanks,
            Robert Ray

            Indeed, I just went throut the steps, and everything is now honky-dory.

            Thanks.

            CBVG