Re: [Z_Scale] Z scale planes

  • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
      > # 5404 B-1B Bomber 1/221 scale

      I'm not sure that would fit into my layout ....so grossly oversized :)

    • Jim Bush
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
        Speaking of Z scale planes, keep an eye out for the Corgi C-47/DC-3. It's
        1:240 scale.

        I found it in a 2-pack with a 1:64 scale Sherman Tank in "D-Day 60th
        Anniversary Series" packaging at Wal-Mart today for only $3.88. This plane
        has also been done in an American Airlines paint scheme for the "100 Years
        of Flight" series, but I've never seen it in a store.

        The one strike against this model would be the permanently retracted landing
        gear, but for $2, I'm not going to complain.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
          In a message dated 10/1/2004 5:25:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          jbush@... writes:
          Speaking of Z scale planes, keep an eye out for the Corgi C-47/DC-3. It's
          1:240 scale.

          On a slightly different note, the Fiddler's green paper model site has free
          downloads of "Business Card Models" for ink jet printer business cards. There
          is a piper cub, a racer, a WW I fighter, an ME 262, a 1950's jet fighter
          available. Very close to Z scale.
          Dan S.

        • de Champeaux Dominique
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2004
            --- Jim Bush <jbush@...> a écrit :

            > Speaking of Z scale planes, keep an eye out for the
            > Corgi C-47/DC-3. It's
            > 1:240 scale.

            Or for the 1:200 scale DC3/C47 plastic model kit from
            Hasegawa.

            Dominique

          • Vincent Goudreault
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2004
              > Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:52:31 -0700
              > From: ted_lamar@...
              > Subject: Re: Z scale planes
              >

              >> # 5404 B-1B Bomber 1/221 scale
              >

              > I'm not sure that would fit into my layout ....so grossly oversized :)

              Didn't you mean "grossly undesized"? 1.221 is smaller than 1/220.