Re: I did it !!

  • Glen Chenier
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1 8:16 AM
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "The Prez" <theprez@f...> wrote:

      > Just to announce to the world that I completed my first railmodel
      kit, Robert's Center Beam Car kit:

      Great work, Alex. That is a very nice looking model.
    • The Prez
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1 12:52 PM
        Is the Milw set from Uncle Will something he did just for you or was it offered on Ebay? What was the cost?

        Jim, Uncle Will had some custom passenger setson ebay I believe in 2002-2003, I don't remember the exact story but
        I believe he comissioned them from Pennzee. The cost is something that I always accurately and deliberately forget.

        Alex

      • Mei Mei/Vincent Goudreault
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1 7:46 PM
          > Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:47:03 -0000
          > From: "Robert Ray" <pray59@...>
          > Subject: Re: I did it !!
          >
          > The Prez wrote:
          >> PS. Robert, to have a back-up set of decals in the kit would be
          > really appreciated...
          >
          > First, you did an excellent job with the kit! Congratulations!
          >
          > Second, you are right, cutting decals is the hardest part of
          > construction, and prone to ruining the decals. I tried to keep costs
          > down as low as possible, with the laser cutting time being the real
          > cost of the kit, but I probably should have added another set of
          > decals for redundancy, just like I did with the car end ladders in
          > case of breakage, and a few other tiny details.
          >
          > When I release the next bodystyle of centerbeam cars, I will add a
          > second set. :)
          >
          > -Robert

          Any chance the TTX and BN ones will be in stock again soon?
          I go check out the Feather River site from time to time, and I don't
          know if I am unlucky or always gets beaten to them, but it seems
          the BN and the TTX kits are always sold out... :-(

          CBVG
        • Robert Ray
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1 8:55 PM
            Mei Mei/Vincent Goudreault wrote:
            > Any chance the TTX and BN ones will be in stock again soon?
            > I go check out the Feather River site from time to time, and I don't
            > know if I am unlucky or always gets beaten to them, but it seems
            > the BN and the TTX kits are always sold out... :-(

            I think Chuck is swamped, so he did not update his website yet, but he
            does have them in stock. I shipped him both of those roadnames this
            week, and when I called him today, he said he just got the package. I
            have an order of materials coming in next week, so I'll run another
            batch of BN and TTX to restock Chuck again. I would never have guessed
            they would be so popular, and originally guessed I would sell 50 or so.

            I just shipped a few of the new Issaquah Station Kits to Chuck today,
            so those should show up by tomorrow or Monday. I only made a few to
            test the demand, but my order of materials is due next week so I can
            make more if needed. Once Chuck see's the station kits, he will update
            his site for sure!

            -Robert
          • Tom Fisher
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3 10:12 AM
              If it is not confidential for marketing, etc. reasons,
              how many cars have been sold? Broken down by road?

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 4 1:04 PM
                Can I get one of the station kits directly from you next Sunday?

                If yes, how much are they?