Re: I did it !!

  • Robert Ray
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
      The Prez wrote:
      > PS. Robert, to have a back-up set of decals in the kit would be
      really appreciated...

      First, you did an excellent job with the kit! Congratulations!

      Second, you are right, cutting decals is the hardest part of
      construction, and prone to ruining the decals. I tried to keep costs
      down as low as possible, with the laser cutting time being the real
      cost of the kit, but I probably should have added another set of
      decals for redundancy, just like I did with the car end ladders in
      case of breakage, and a few other tiny details.

      When I release the next bodystyle of centerbeam cars, I will add a
      second set. :)

      -Robert
    • The Prez
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004

        > Your pics do not show any difficulty with decals, looks great.

        I did not post the shots where you can see the problem. :-))
        In particular the letter "D" of Road is awful.

        >However, I'm very curious about the UP passenger cars in the back ground
        >: )

        It is a wonderful set from Uncle Will, I now use it as consist for the
        Omaha - Chicago
        UP-Milw joint service, there is a modified AZL E8 in Milw livery pulling it.

        http://www.theprez.it/milw/Milw_e9.jpg

        I have also other 2 custom passenger sets from Uncle Will (that I hope
        will resume soon from hurricane problems) a Milw set and a NYC one.

        Ciao,

        Alex
      • Glen Chenier
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "The Prez" <theprez@f...> wrote:

          > Just to announce to the world that I completed my first railmodel
          kit, Robert's Center Beam Car kit:

          Great work, Alex. That is a very nice looking model.
        • The Prez
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
            Is the Milw set from Uncle Will something he did just for you or was it offered on Ebay? What was the cost?

            Jim, Uncle Will had some custom passenger setson ebay I believe in 2002-2003, I don't remember the exact story but
            I believe he comissioned them from Pennzee. The cost is something that I always accurately and deliberately forget.

            Alex

          • Mei Mei/Vincent Goudreault
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
              > Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:47:03 -0000
              > From: "Robert Ray" <pray59@...>
              > Subject: Re: I did it !!
              >
              > The Prez wrote:
              >> PS. Robert, to have a back-up set of decals in the kit would be
              > really appreciated...
              >
              > First, you did an excellent job with the kit! Congratulations!
              >
              > Second, you are right, cutting decals is the hardest part of
              > construction, and prone to ruining the decals. I tried to keep costs
              > down as low as possible, with the laser cutting time being the real
              > cost of the kit, but I probably should have added another set of
              > decals for redundancy, just like I did with the car end ladders in
              > case of breakage, and a few other tiny details.
              >
              > When I release the next bodystyle of centerbeam cars, I will add a
              > second set. :)
              >
              > -Robert

              Any chance the TTX and BN ones will be in stock again soon?
              I go check out the Feather River site from time to time, and I don't
              know if I am unlucky or always gets beaten to them, but it seems
              the BN and the TTX kits are always sold out... :-(

              CBVG
            • Robert Ray
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
                Mei Mei/Vincent Goudreault wrote:
                > Any chance the TTX and BN ones will be in stock again soon?
                > I go check out the Feather River site from time to time, and I don't
                > know if I am unlucky or always gets beaten to them, but it seems
                > the BN and the TTX kits are always sold out... :-(

                I think Chuck is swamped, so he did not update his website yet, but he
                does have them in stock. I shipped him both of those roadnames this
                week, and when I called him today, he said he just got the package. I
                have an order of materials coming in next week, so I'll run another
                batch of BN and TTX to restock Chuck again. I would never have guessed
                they would be so popular, and originally guessed I would sell 50 or so.

                I just shipped a few of the new Issaquah Station Kits to Chuck today,
                so those should show up by tomorrow or Monday. I only made a few to
                test the demand, but my order of materials is due next week so I can
                make more if needed. Once Chuck see's the station kits, he will update
                his site for sure!

                -Robert
              • Tom Fisher
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 3, 2004
                  If it is not confidential for marketing, etc. reasons,
                  how many cars have been sold? Broken down by road?

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 4, 2004
                    Can I get one of the station kits directly from you next Sunday?

                    If yes, how much are they?