Re: Cigar Box

  • Kari Sarmanne
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      > I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the photos
      section,
      > under Paul's Cigar Box.

      Welcome onboard Paul,

      Nice work and the box seems to be very good quality.
      (Do they really age cigars 5 years?)
      I have built two cigar box layouts. Boxes are not that fine.
      Third one is almost ready and two more is under construction,
      but I have to put them aside for a few months because of
      some other work. In these first two I did not build any speed
      regulator in the box. So I must connect a power pack
      when I want to run a train. In the third I built a speed
      regulator with 9 V battery in the box. Unfortunately I have
      not yet any pictures of it.

      Zmall is beautiful,

      Kari Sarmanne
      Helsinki
      Finland
    • Glen Chenier
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Hertel" <paulhertel@c...> wrote:
        > I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the photos
        section,
        > under Paul's Cigar Box.

        Nice work, Paul. Are those critters cows, goats, or sheep? (photo
        resolution doesn't show - ps thanks for deleting full size photos!)
        Where did you get them from?
      • Paul Hertel
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          To all,

          My cigar box outside dimensions are: 11 1/2" x 7 3/4"
          Inside: 10 1/2" x 7" x 2" deep.

          Runs off a 9 Volt battery. Jorger speed regulator in-between on/off switch
          and track.
          Got the lighted on/off switch from Auto Zone.

          The little white animals are sheep.with a Sheppard. I'll have t find the
          box to tell you what
          brand they are. I got the set from Bob of Bob's Model Railroad Supplies.

          Happy Z'ing

          Paul

          Car A
          Midwezt Haulerz