Re: Cigar Box

  • www.zscalemonster.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      Wow, now that layout says Space-Saver!
      It even has protection form cats when the lid is closed.

      I would say there are a lot of people out there wishing
      that was on their desk.
      It could be a real stress releaver on a busy day.
      Keep up the great work!

      Best wishes,
      Anthony
      http://www.zscalemonster.com/

      --- "Paul Hertel" wrote:
      > I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the
      > photos section.
    • Kari Sarmanne
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        > I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the photos
        section,
        > under Paul's Cigar Box.

        Welcome onboard Paul,

        Nice work and the box seems to be very good quality.
        (Do they really age cigars 5 years?)
        I have built two cigar box layouts. Boxes are not that fine.
        Third one is almost ready and two more is under construction,
        but I have to put them aside for a few months because of
        some other work. In these first two I did not build any speed
        regulator in the box. So I must connect a power pack
        when I want to run a train. In the third I built a speed
        regulator with 9 V battery in the box. Unfortunately I have
        not yet any pictures of it.

        Zmall is beautiful,

        Kari Sarmanne
        Helsinki
        Finland
      • Glen Chenier
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Hertel" <paulhertel@c...> wrote:
          > I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the photos
          section,
          > under Paul's Cigar Box.

          Nice work, Paul. Are those critters cows, goats, or sheep? (photo
          resolution doesn't show - ps thanks for deleting full size photos!)
          Where did you get them from?
        • Paul Hertel
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
            To all,

            My cigar box outside dimensions are: 11 1/2" x 7 3/4"
            Inside: 10 1/2" x 7" x 2" deep.

            Runs off a 9 Volt battery. Jorger speed regulator in-between on/off switch
            and track.
            Got the lighted on/off switch from Auto Zone.

            The little white animals are sheep.with a Sheppard. I'll have t find the
            box to tell you what
            brand they are. I got the set from Bob of Bob's Model Railroad Supplies.

            Happy Z'ing

            Paul

            Car A
            Midwezt Haulerz