Re: Cigar Box

  • ppelag
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi Paul,
      That's a very neat little thing. What are thr dimensions of your
      cigar box?
      Regards, Uwe

    • www.zscalemonster.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        Wow, now that layout says Space-Saver!
        It even has protection form cats when the lid is closed.

        I would say there are a lot of people out there wishing
        that was on their desk.
        It could be a real stress releaver on a busy day.
        Keep up the great work!

        Best wishes,
        Anthony
        http://www.zscalemonster.com/

        --- "Paul Hertel" wrote:
        > I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the
        > photos section.
      • Kari Sarmanne
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          > I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the photos
          section,
          > under Paul's Cigar Box.

          Welcome onboard Paul,

          Nice work and the box seems to be very good quality.
          (Do they really age cigars 5 years?)
          I have built two cigar box layouts. Boxes are not that fine.
          Third one is almost ready and two more is under construction,
          but I have to put them aside for a few months because of
          some other work. In these first two I did not build any speed
          regulator in the box. So I must connect a power pack
          when I want to run a train. In the third I built a speed
          regulator with 9 V battery in the box. Unfortunately I have
          not yet any pictures of it.

          Zmall is beautiful,

          Kari Sarmanne
          Helsinki
          Finland
        • Glen Chenier
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Hertel" <paulhertel@c...> wrote:
            > I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the photos
            section,
            > under Paul's Cigar Box.

            Nice work, Paul. Are those critters cows, goats, or sheep? (photo
            resolution doesn't show - ps thanks for deleting full size photos!)
            Where did you get them from?
          • Paul Hertel
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
              To all,

              My cigar box outside dimensions are: 11 1/2" x 7 3/4"
              Inside: 10 1/2" x 7" x 2" deep.

              Runs off a 9 Volt battery. Jorger speed regulator in-between on/off switch
              and track.
              Got the lighted on/off switch from Auto Zone.

              The little white animals are sheep.with a Sheppard. I'll have t find the
              box to tell you what
              brand they are. I got the set from Bob of Bob's Model Railroad Supplies.

              Happy Z'ing

              Paul

              Car A
              Midwezt Haulerz