Re: Z scale planes

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2004
      Please, no more about 1-221 & 1-234 bombers, once Jim reads this
      I'll have to put my layout under camafloge <smile>

      Michael

    • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
        > # 5404 B-1B Bomber 1/221 scale

        I'm not sure that would fit into my layout ....so grossly oversized :)

      • Jim Bush
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
          Speaking of Z scale planes, keep an eye out for the Corgi C-47/DC-3. It's
          1:240 scale.

          I found it in a 2-pack with a 1:64 scale Sherman Tank in "D-Day 60th
          Anniversary Series" packaging at Wal-Mart today for only $3.88. This plane
          has also been done in an American Airlines paint scheme for the "100 Years
          of Flight" series, but I've never seen it in a store.

          The one strike against this model would be the permanently retracted landing
          gear, but for $2, I'm not going to complain.

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
            In a message dated 10/1/2004 5:25:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            jbush@... writes:
            Speaking of Z scale planes, keep an eye out for the Corgi C-47/DC-3. It's
            1:240 scale.

            On a slightly different note, the Fiddler's green paper model site has free
            downloads of "Business Card Models" for ink jet printer business cards. There
            is a piper cub, a racer, a WW I fighter, an ME 262, a 1950's jet fighter
            available. Very close to Z scale.
            Dan S.

          • de Champeaux Dominique
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2004
              --- Jim Bush <jbush@...> a écrit :

              > Speaking of Z scale planes, keep an eye out for the
              > Corgi C-47/DC-3. It's
              > 1:240 scale.

              Or for the 1:200 scale DC3/C47 plastic model kit from
              Hasegawa.

              Dominique

            • Vincent Goudreault
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2004
                > Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:52:31 -0700
                > From: ted_lamar@...
                > Subject: Re: Z scale planes
                >

                >> # 5404 B-1B Bomber 1/221 scale
                >

                > I'm not sure that would fit into my layout ....so grossly oversized :)

                Didn't you mean "grossly undesized"? 1.221 is smaller than 1/220.