Cigar Box

  • Paul Hertel
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2004
      I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the photos section,
      under Paul's Cigar Box.
      It's OK for a first effort. A great learning experience.
      Many thanks to all who provided input for wiring the Jorger speed
      controller.
      Especially to Jeremy Brandon fro the schematic.

      Happy Z'ing

      Paul

      Car A
      Midwezt Haulerz
      Belleville, IL

    • ppelag
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        Hi Paul,
        That's a very neat little thing. What are thr dimensions of your
        cigar box?
        Regards, Uwe

      • www.zscalemonster.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          Wow, now that layout says Space-Saver!
          It even has protection form cats when the lid is closed.

          I would say there are a lot of people out there wishing
          that was on their desk.
          It could be a real stress releaver on a busy day.
          Keep up the great work!

          Best wishes,
          Anthony
          http://www.zscalemonster.com/

          --- "Paul Hertel" wrote:
          > I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the
          > photos section.
        • Kari Sarmanne
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
            > I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the photos
            section,
            > under Paul's Cigar Box.

            Welcome onboard Paul,

            Nice work and the box seems to be very good quality.
            (Do they really age cigars 5 years?)
            I have built two cigar box layouts. Boxes are not that fine.
            Third one is almost ready and two more is under construction,
            but I have to put them aside for a few months because of
            some other work. In these first two I did not build any speed
            regulator in the box. So I must connect a power pack
            when I want to run a train. In the third I built a speed
            regulator with 9 V battery in the box. Unfortunately I have
            not yet any pictures of it.

            Zmall is beautiful,

            Kari Sarmanne
            Helsinki
            Finland
          • Glen Chenier
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Hertel" <paulhertel@c...> wrote:
              > I just posted some photos of my cigar box layout in the photos
              section,
              > under Paul's Cigar Box.

              Nice work, Paul. Are those critters cows, goats, or sheep? (photo
              resolution doesn't show - ps thanks for deleting full size photos!)
              Where did you get them from?
            • Paul Hertel
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
                To all,

                My cigar box outside dimensions are: 11 1/2" x 7 3/4"
                Inside: 10 1/2" x 7" x 2" deep.

                Runs off a 9 Volt battery. Jorger speed regulator in-between on/off switch
                and track.
                Got the lighted on/off switch from Auto Zone.

                The little white animals are sheep.with a Sheppard. I'll have t find the
                box to tell you what
                brand they are. I got the set from Bob of Bob's Model Railroad Supplies.

                Happy Z'ing

                Paul

                Car A
                Midwezt Haulerz