Z scale planes

  • Raymond Morrissette
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2004
      Just found the following at a local hobby shop:

      Postage Stamps Planes
      Model Power
      Diecast Metal Historically accurate colletibles
      1/100 scale

      But many of them are not 1/100....
      You have to look inside on the pedestal on one side
      (the have no wheel)

      Exemples:
      # 5368 Avro Vulcan 1/234 scale (Large British Jet Bomber)
      # 5404 SR-71 The Black Bird 1/200 scale
      # 5404 B-1B Bomber 1/221 scale

      Raymond Morrissette
    • Tom Fisher
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 30, 2004
        Any helicopters?

        --- Raymond Morrissette <raymorrissette@...>
        wrote:

        > Just found the following at a local hobby shop:
        >
        > Postage Stamps Planes
        > Model Power
        > Diecast Metal Historically accurate colletibles
        > 1/100 scale
        >
        > But many of them are not 1/100....
        > You have to look inside on the pedestal on one side
        > (the have no wheel)
        >
        > Exemples:
        > # 5368 Avro Vulcan 1/234 scale (Large British Jet
        > Bomber)
        > # 5404 SR-71 The Black Bird 1/200 scale
        > # 5404 B-1B Bomber 1/221 scale
        >
        > Raymond Morrissette

        http://vote.yahoo.com
      • Bob Byrne
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 30, 2004
          Hello Tom Fisher <tfisher10@...> you wrote:

          > Any helicopters?

          Yes, but it looks like these models are scaled so they are all roughly the same size.

          http://www.diecasthobbies.com/114/2019.htm?268
          http://www.flyingmule.com/range/model/diecast/model_power/postage_stamp_planes/

          A Goodyear Blimp is 1:350 but a Bell G-47 (M*A*S*H) Helicopter is 1:100
          http://www.flyingmule.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MP-5602

          --
          Regards, Bob
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 30, 2004
            Please, no more about 1-221 & 1-234 bombers, once Jim reads this
            I'll have to put my layout under camafloge <smile>

            Michael

          • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
              > # 5404 B-1B Bomber 1/221 scale

              I'm not sure that would fit into my layout ....so grossly oversized :)

            • Jim Bush
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
                Speaking of Z scale planes, keep an eye out for the Corgi C-47/DC-3. It's
                1:240 scale.

                I found it in a 2-pack with a 1:64 scale Sherman Tank in "D-Day 60th
                Anniversary Series" packaging at Wal-Mart today for only $3.88. This plane
                has also been done in an American Airlines paint scheme for the "100 Years
                of Flight" series, but I've never seen it in a store.

                The one strike against this model would be the permanently retracted landing
                gear, but for $2, I'm not going to complain.

              • dpstripe@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
                  In a message dated 10/1/2004 5:25:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  jbush@... writes:
                  Speaking of Z scale planes, keep an eye out for the Corgi C-47/DC-3. It's
                  1:240 scale.

                  On a slightly different note, the Fiddler's green paper model site has free
                  downloads of "Business Card Models" for ink jet printer business cards. There
                  is a piper cub, a racer, a WW I fighter, an ME 262, a 1950's jet fighter
                  available. Very close to Z scale.
                  Dan S.

                • de Champeaux Dominique
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 2, 2004
                    --- Jim Bush <jbush@...> a écrit :

                    > Speaking of Z scale planes, keep an eye out for the
                    > Corgi C-47/DC-3. It's
                    > 1:240 scale.

                    Or for the 1:200 scale DC3/C47 plastic model kit from
                    Hasegawa.

                    Dominique

                  • Vincent Goudreault
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 2, 2004
                      > Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:52:31 -0700
                      > From: ted_lamar@...
                      > Subject: Re: Z scale planes
                      >

                      >> # 5404 B-1B Bomber 1/221 scale
                      >

                      > I'm not sure that would fit into my layout ....so grossly oversized :)

                      Didn't you mean "grossly undesized"? 1.221 is smaller than 1/220.