Re: New turnout system

  • Glen Chenier
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29, 2004
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Card" <lpcard@h...> wrote:

      > Cliff, I tried to email you off list but it got bounced back for
      some
      > reason.

      More GoodieZ available! Welcome to another Z manufacturer.

      The email link in Cliff's original post has a typo in 'logisITCs'.

      Try this instead:

      cliff@...
    • Cliff Darrow
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 29, 2004
        List,

        Thank you so far for the encouraging posts. I apologize about the typo.
        See my corrected address below.

        To answer some of your questions... I posted a photo in on the z group
        website last night of a completed turnout as well as a pre-production tie
        strip. It in the folder entitled "quick switch". I will do a website
        update by the weekend.

        If sales go well with the #5 turnout (100 units or more sold), I will of
        course release the #7. No problem there.

        I am not so sure that doing larger turnout #'s is a good idea for me in the
        near future unless Altas happens to come out with a larger turnout. The
        significant benefit to _most_ Z scalers is being able to utilize the ready
        to lay components from Atlas and crank these things out at the workbench for
        less than $15 each.

        I had not considered doing a tie strip with the peco/marklin tie profile
        because the code 55 rail components are not a close fit with the peco code
        60 rail. Of course with some mods, one could make it work. Again, if it
        seems like there is significant demand, I will do it. The nn3ers might be
        able to help out here because many of them use the peco track and this would
        be a bit of a crossover item.

        Again, please let me know if you have any other questions.

        Cliff
        cliff@...
      • Larry Card
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 29, 2004
          That seems to have worked...wonder how I missed that... Thanks!
          V/R
          Larry P. Card
          Virginia Beach, VA

        • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 29, 2004
            >If you all are wondering about price, they will be around $6 each, and
            also
            >sold in 5-packs for $27.00. If you do the math, you'll see that your
            total
            >turnout cost will be in the neighboorhood of $12-15 each.

            If the kits are 6 bux - why is the turnout cost 12? Do you need to buy an
            atlas switch too? Or was that price including a motor?

          • Cliff Darrow
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 29, 2004
              Ted,

              You would have to aquire the Atlas turnouts yourself. Some places sell them
              for as little as $6.50ish and I've also seen them for as much as $10.50.
              That's why I gave a "ballpark" estimate per turnout.

              Cliff
              SSL