Re: Parts for Crocodile 8856

  • Jeremy Brandon
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2004
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "warrenb65" <warrenb65@y...> wrote:
      > I in trying to locate a couple of parts for a defunct green
      > Crocodile that I have. I am looking for one of the housings that is
      > found on the front or the rear of the engine, I have found the
      > marklin part number to be 26348. I am also looking for a motor for
      > the engine, I believe that it currently has a 3-pole 26550 motor
      > that is not working. Does anyone know what the 5-pole replacement
      > is and where one can be ordered from? The 3-pole motor that is
      > currently in the engine is giving off a smoke smell and is not
      > operational. I am interested in trying to repair it, how difficult
      > would that task be.

      This table:
      http://www.ztrack.com/asrtpgs/articles/Motorconversion.html
      shows 211904 as the 5-pole equivalent of 26550.

      This exploded diagram might be helpful:
      http://www.maerklin-info.de/product_files/1/pdf/8856_explo.pdf

      I've only watched people take them apart and put them back together
      again. It looks relatively easy but I don't know the pitfalls
      particular to the Crocodile.

      Jeremy.