Re: [z_scale] Re: 01-01-01

  • Bill Hoshiko
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2001
      Happy New Year!

      It is January 1, 2001 7:00am here in Lake Forest in Southern California.

      The temperature outside is 45f. Should warm up to above 75.

      My family and I will join 7 other families (all brothers, sisters and
      parents) for a Japanese new years with much eating of foods that are to
      bring us good fortune, long life, health and much happiness.

      This, being the official beginning of the 21st century, means that we
      have entered the "future". The "future" as defined by Buck Rogers and
      Stanley Kubrick.

      That means that all the things that were left to be done in the future
      must be completed now. Some of the things, such as, when I was sixteen,
      kissing the girl who lived down the block, must be deleted from the
      list.

      Other things, however, cannot be dodged. First is to build that code 40
      turnout that I talked about 12 months ago. Next would be to build the
      mainline for the layout that has been on the drawing board for 50
      years. Of course it didn't start out in Z, but the basic design has not
      changed. Z allows it to be built in a space that is acceptable to my
      wife.

      Included in this layout will be the built in rerailer that I mentioned
      in Ztrack almost 10 years ago. I mention this because this idea in
      Ztrack had allowed my name to be included in Sam Berliner's website

      http://home.att.net/~Berliner-Ultrasonics/bwz-saga.html

      If you have never visited this website, you must do it. I try not to
      visit it too often because every time I do, it occupies my time for four
      or more hours. I don't see how Sam can find the time to build this
      website and still do all those other things that he is occupied with.
      He is the New York contact for Ztrack magazine.

      The family is beginning to wake up now so I must stop rambling.

      I wish all of you the best for 2001 and may you all finish those dreams
      and projects that you have been putting aside for the future.

      Bill
      El Toro (Lake Forest, CA was El Toro before it became a city. I voted
      to keep the name of El Toro. Even the Marine Air Station has been
      closed. We are becoming citified!)
      :