Re: New Year resolution. Track cleaning car

  • Kim Vellore
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2000
      Jeffrey,
      I am really tempted to let the cat out of the bag, but I'll hold it
      till I test it a little more. It is a simple non DCC cleaning car. I
      guess this one is the one that works the best so far. Once I tell you
      folks how it is done you will for sure say why didn't I think of this
      before and it can be made for under $5 that's all for now.

      Anyways I was thinking of cleaning one of the loco and using graphite
      or teflon powder for lubricating instead of oil which needs
      maintenance more often and gathers dust.
      Has any one tried this or do you think this might cause more
      problems??? any suggestions

      Jeff,
      Happy 2001 to you too and every one in this group.

      Kim

      --- In z_scale@egroups.com, "Jeffrey MacHan" <jmac_han@h...> wrote:
      > Kim, I'm looking forward to your track cleaning car. You know that
      once
      > you've made your resolution public, we'll be expecting results by
      this time
      > next December ;-)
      >
      > Of course, you are going to have a prototype with a DCC decoder
      installed
      > that will raise and lower the scouring pads and brushes, adjust the
      speed of
      > the blower and produce appropriate sound effects for a Sperry Track
      Grinding