Re: [z_scale] Re: Elevated track work

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29 8:49 PM
      Dale, I don't see any problem using 1/2 inch insulation board as long as it
      is supported adequately.

      I may have mistaken your 'foamboard' reference for 'foam core' which is used
      for backing pictures. I did use 'foam core' with success although I
      wouldn't recommend it for general use. I had a very special requirement
      that made foamcore a good choice. The rest of the layout is built on 1 inch
      or 1.5 inch extruded polyurethane insulation board (the pink or blue stuff).
      It is denser than insulation board and doesn't crumble into little bits
      when cut or shaved.

      Rob Kluz and many others have used the white insulation board with great
      success on their layouts. Once the face is sealed somehow with paint,
      texture material or plaster (other choices are available), it is very stable
      and you can apply scenery materials using various techniques.

      Best wishes for the New Year,
      Jeffrey MacHan