Re: [z_scale] Re: Z scale and "accurate" rail

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2004
      --- Tom Fisher <tfisher10@...> a écrit :
      > Could you post the URL?

      http://www.zscale.org/articles/undertable.html

    • Greg McAndrews
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 3, 2004
        Hi all,

        I have had the pleasure of seeing Dominique's diorama and he has made a
        convert of me.

        Once you take the "knife" to those black boxes...you will never look
        back. If you hesitate, practice on some abused turnouts with burned out
        solenoids.

        The difference is dramatic. It is a pity that Märklin doesn't just sell
        the basic turnout without the box.

        Greg McAndrews

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 3, 2004
          --- Greg McAndrews <mcandrew@...> a écrit :
          > Hi all,
          >
          > I have had the pleasure of seeing Dominique's
          > diorama and he has made a
          > convert of me.

          Thanks for the advertisement Greg! But I don't want
          to be taken for the "Doctor Turnout"! I've only
          followed David Karp's instructions.
          Cheers,
          Dominique

        • Torsja
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 5, 2004
            After Dominique reminded me of the nice website of David Karp's
            http://www.zscale.org/articles/undertable.html I decided
            that the motor on the Marklin Z-Scale turnouts is not so pretty. So
            I went to work on one that was already installed on my Needle Eye
            ZMOD. I used the knife to cut out the motor from the turnout and
            pleased it under the layout instead. I think the result was so much
            better. And it actually was very easy to do this modification. And
            with use of the original motor from Marklin it is relative cheap to
            use instead of buying a new turtle motor. Used Markline turnouts are
            not so hard to by cheap on the internet.

            I will let the pictures on my website speak for them self.
            http://194.143.113.189/tjm/

            regards
            Torsja - Norway

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, de Champeaux Dominique