Customized GP 38 Photo Uploaded

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hi All,

      After reading about announcing photo uploads to the group, I
      remembered that I uploaded a picture of Glen & Sandy Stiska's Rough
      GP 38 to the choo choo terrain folder in our group's photo section.
      I custom applied the handrails, custom painted and decaled for
      Florida East Coast, based on a video they sent me as a guide along
      with the shell and handrail kit from Micronart. They wanted to share
      and post a pic themselves but they gave me the go ahead since their
      camera isn't very good. Hope all enjoy.

      Michael Hilliard
      P.O. Box 273
      Wilton, CT 06897
      choochooterrain@...

      The following was thier e-mail to me after recieving thier shell
      back:

      Hi Michael,

      We received our shell back today and we are more than impressed by
      the quality of your work. It looks like you took a live video and
      transposed it on our shell. We gave it a short test run and the
      lights look beautiful thanks to you for opening up the shell so the
      lights could shine through. We are totally happy. We thank you
      for your prompt service.

      With our best regards,
      Glenn and Sandy
    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
        --- Michael <mchwilton@...> a écrit :
        > Hi All,
        >
        > After reading about announcing photo uploads to the
        > group, I
        > remembered that I uploaded a picture of Glen & Sandy
        > Stiska's Rough
        > GP 38 to the choo choo terrain folder in our group's
        > photo section.
        > I custom applied the handrails, custom painted and
        > decaled for
        > Florida East Coast, based on a video they sent me as
        > a guide along
        > with the shell and handrail kit from Micronart. They
        > wanted to share
        > and post a pic themselves but they gave me the go
        > ahead since their
        > camera isn't very good. Hope all enjoy.

        Hi Michael,
        is the prototype an ex-UP engine?
        Cheers,
        Dominique

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
          Hello Michael,

          A very nice job with this shell. It is too bad that
          we do not have an AZL working GP38 available
          today. I had trouble figuring out where the photo
          was hidden but then I saw the words "choo choo"
          in your email, went to Yahoo pics again and found it there.

          Best regards,
          Reynard
          On Wednesday, September 1, 2004, at 01:20 PM, Michael wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > After reading about announcing photo uploads to the group, I
          > remembered that I uploaded a picture of Glen & Sandy Stiska's Rough
          > GP 38 to the choo choo terrain folder in our group's photo section.
          > I custom applied the handrails, custom painted and decaled for
          > Florida East Coast, based on a video they sent me as a guide along
          > with the shell and handrail kit from Micronart. They wanted to share
          > and post a pic themselves but they gave me the go ahead since their
          > camera isn't very good. Hope all enjoy.
          >
          > Michael Hilliard
          > P.O. Box 273
          > Wilton, CT 06897
          > choochooterrain@...
          edited for length

        • Michael Hilliard
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
            Yes Dominique, the GP 38 was a UP then they just reletered logoed it. Later they were all painted blue with white lettering logo.

            Michael Hilliard

            de Champeaux Dominique <ddechamp71@...> wrote:
            --- Michael <mchwilton@...> a �crit :
            > Hi All,
            >
            > After reading about announcing photo uploads to the
            > group, I
            > remembered that I uploaded a picture of Glen & Sandy
            > Stiska's Rough
            > GP 38 to the choo choo terrain folder in our group's
            > photo section.
            > I custom applied the handrails, custom painted and
            > decaled for
            > Florida East Coast, based on a video they sent me as
            > a guide along
            > with the shell and handrail kit from Micronart. They
            > wanted to share
            > and post a pic themselves but they gave me the go
            > ahead since their
            > camera isn't very good. Hope all enjoy.

            Hi Michael,
            is the prototype an ex-UP engine?
            Cheers,
            Dominique

            Vous manquez d�espace pour stocker vos mails ?
            Cr�ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.benefits.yahoo.com/

            Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arriv� ! D�couvrez toutes les nouveaut�s pour dialoguer instantan�ment avec vos amis. A t�l�charger gratuitement sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Michael Hilliard
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
              Thanks, and as I understand all of the rough GP 38's had running problems or didn't run at all. The Stiskas got the chassie, gears etc working great, runs like a AZL. The shell I did about a month ago and kept forgetting to share the pic. The front view didn't come out well, but it has drilled out holes for the lights and numbered number boards to along with a smaller logo on the front. I've been meaning to ask you, do you do custom brass etching at a reasonable price, 1 sided only? Please reply to my inquirey directlly off list. Thanks again,

              Michael Hilliard

              Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:
              Hello Michael,

              A very nice job with this shell. It is too bad that
              we do not have an AZL working GP38 available
              today. I had trouble figuring out where the photo
              was hidden but then I saw the words "choo choo"
              in your email, went to Yahoo pics again and found it there.

              Best regards,
              Reynard
              On Wednesday, September 1, 2004, at 01:20 PM, Michael wrote:

              > Hi All,
              >
              > After reading about announcing photo uploads to the group, I
              > remembered that I uploaded a picture of Glen & Sandy Stiska's Rough
              > GP 38 to the choo choo terrain folder in our group's photo section.
              > I custom applied the handrails, custom painted and decaled for
              > Florida East Coast, based on a video they sent me as a guide along
              > with the shell and handrail kit from Micronart. They wanted to share
              > and post a pic themselves but they gave me the go ahead since their
              > camera isn't very good. Hope all enjoy.
              >
              > Michael Hilliard
              > P.O. Box 273
              > Wilton, CT 06897
              > choochooterrain@...
              edited for length

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsordocument.write('');