Re: [z_scale] Re: Wednesday voice chat

  • d.f.avila@att.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
      Second that. Once voice came thru, but never again. Further the Yahoo screen doesn't even show any voice commans <<BUT>> I do have voice on my system.

      -------------- Original message from "jmac_han" : --------------

      > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of us
      > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jeffrey
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Thomas" wrote:
      > > Is it Wednesday already? Are you ready for voicing your thoughts
      > on
      > > Z scale topics.

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Helmut Paule
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
        Hi, second that motion...
        Helmut

        > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of us
        > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jeffrey
        >
        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Thomas" <jim29t@y...> wrote:
        > > Is it Wednesday already? Are you ready for voicing your thoughts
        > on
        > > Z scale topics.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Glen Chenier
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jmac_han" <jmac_han@y...> wrote:
          > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of
          us
          > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?

          Years ago my kids showed me a program that could take voice and turn
          it into printed text. Do any of our list computer experts have
          similar that could do the same to log the voice chat?

          Better yet, wouldn't it be nice if Yahoo had this function to print
          voice comments onto the chat screen?
        • zbendtrack@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
            For our voiceless friends:

            > Second that. Once voice came thru, but never again. Further the Yahoo
            > screen doesn't even show any voice commans <<BUT>> I do have voice on my system

            Some of you may remember that I couldn't participate for a month on the
            Wednesday voice chat. It suddenly stopped working without warning.

            After some research, it turned out that the multitude of web plug-in's on my
            PC were conflicting with each other.

            Every time you go on the web, you run into websites that want you to download
            something. I.E. Helpers, map viewers, speed up solutions, character sets,
            music players, movie players, picture viewers and the list goes on and on. Some
            websites don't even ask you, they just start the download.

            The conflict in my case was between Yahoo's voice solution and one that I
            picked up later from the MSNBC website. Microsoft assured me that their sound
            driver would improve my "experience" when looking at their news website, and
            that I should click on the box that says "always trust Microsoft." Right....

            I happen to own a copy of Norton Utilities which has an option to review and
            remove "plug-ins." When I brought up that option, I was amazed at how many
            pieces of obscure software were in my system. I started removing one at a time.
            When I got to Microsoft's voice solution and removed it, the Yahoo voice
            solution came to life.

            Perhaps some of you may have the same problem with Yahoo voice. Or even
            other programs that don't work/don't work well. Check for junk on your system.
            Get rid of it. At best, all those "extra" programs on your system (if they are
            running all the time) just zap your system performance without user gain.

            Oh yes, MSNBC works just fine without the microsteal driver loaded. Yahoo's
            voice solution plays the news broadcasts just fine without the MS driver
            loaded.

            Just a thought.
            Bill K.