Re: Wednesday voice chat

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
      How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of us
      poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?

      Thanks,
      Jeffrey

    • d.f.avila@att.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
        Second that. Once voice came thru, but never again. Further the Yahoo screen doesn't even show any voice commans <<BUT>> I do have voice on my system.

        -------------- Original message from "jmac_han" : --------------

        > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of us
        > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jeffrey
        >
        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Thomas" wrote:
        > > Is it Wednesday already? Are you ready for voicing your thoughts
        > on
        > > Z scale topics.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Helmut Paule
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
          Hi, second that motion...
          Helmut

          > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of us
          > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Jeffrey
          >
          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Thomas" <jim29t@y...> wrote:
          > > Is it Wednesday already? Are you ready for voicing your thoughts
          > on
          > > Z scale topics.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Glen Chenier
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jmac_han" <jmac_han@y...> wrote:
            > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of
            us
            > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?

            Years ago my kids showed me a program that could take voice and turn
            it into printed text. Do any of our list computer experts have
            similar that could do the same to log the voice chat?

            Better yet, wouldn't it be nice if Yahoo had this function to print
            voice comments onto the chat screen?
          • zbendtrack@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
              For our voiceless friends:

              > Second that. Once voice came thru, but never again. Further the Yahoo
              > screen doesn't even show any voice commans <<BUT>> I do have voice on my system

              Some of you may remember that I couldn't participate for a month on the
              Wednesday voice chat. It suddenly stopped working without warning.

              After some research, it turned out that the multitude of web plug-in's on my
              PC were conflicting with each other.

              Every time you go on the web, you run into websites that want you to download
              something. I.E. Helpers, map viewers, speed up solutions, character sets,
              music players, movie players, picture viewers and the list goes on and on. Some
              websites don't even ask you, they just start the download.

              The conflict in my case was between Yahoo's voice solution and one that I
              picked up later from the MSNBC website. Microsoft assured me that their sound
              driver would improve my "experience" when looking at their news website, and
              that I should click on the box that says "always trust Microsoft." Right....

              I happen to own a copy of Norton Utilities which has an option to review and
              remove "plug-ins." When I brought up that option, I was amazed at how many
              pieces of obscure software were in my system. I started removing one at a time.
              When I got to Microsoft's voice solution and removed it, the Yahoo voice
              solution came to life.

              Perhaps some of you may have the same problem with Yahoo voice. Or even
              other programs that don't work/don't work well. Check for junk on your system.
              Get rid of it. At best, all those "extra" programs on your system (if they are
              running all the time) just zap your system performance without user gain.

              Oh yes, MSNBC works just fine without the microsteal driver loaded. Yahoo's
              voice solution plays the news broadcasts just fine without the MS driver
              loaded.

              Just a thought.
              Bill K.