Wednesday voice chat

  • Jim Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
      Is it Wednesday already? Are you ready for voicing your thoughts on
      Z scale topics. I have a question for Bill K on wiring the db 25's.
      tune in to hear his response. Jim
    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
        How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of us
        poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?

        Thanks,
        Jeffrey

      • d.f.avila@att.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
          Second that. Once voice came thru, but never again. Further the Yahoo screen doesn't even show any voice commans <<BUT>> I do have voice on my system.

          -------------- Original message from "jmac_han" : --------------

          > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of us
          > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Jeffrey
          >
          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Thomas" wrote:
          > > Is it Wednesday already? Are you ready for voicing your thoughts
          > on
          > > Z scale topics.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Helmut Paule
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
            Hi, second that motion...
            Helmut

            > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of us
            > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Jeffrey
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Thomas" <jim29t@y...> wrote:
            > > Is it Wednesday already? Are you ready for voicing your thoughts
            > on
            > > Z scale topics.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Glen Chenier
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jmac_han" <jmac_han@y...> wrote:
              > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of
              us
              > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?

              Years ago my kids showed me a program that could take voice and turn
              it into printed text. Do any of our list computer experts have
              similar that could do the same to log the voice chat?

              Better yet, wouldn't it be nice if Yahoo had this function to print
              voice comments onto the chat screen?
            • zbendtrack@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
                For our voiceless friends:

                > Second that. Once voice came thru, but never again. Further the Yahoo
                > screen doesn't even show any voice commans <<BUT>> I do have voice on my system

                Some of you may remember that I couldn't participate for a month on the
                Wednesday voice chat. It suddenly stopped working without warning.

                After some research, it turned out that the multitude of web plug-in's on my
                PC were conflicting with each other.

                Every time you go on the web, you run into websites that want you to download
                something. I.E. Helpers, map viewers, speed up solutions, character sets,
                music players, movie players, picture viewers and the list goes on and on. Some
                websites don't even ask you, they just start the download.

                The conflict in my case was between Yahoo's voice solution and one that I
                picked up later from the MSNBC website. Microsoft assured me that their sound
                driver would improve my "experience" when looking at their news website, and
                that I should click on the box that says "always trust Microsoft." Right....

                I happen to own a copy of Norton Utilities which has an option to review and
                remove "plug-ins." When I brought up that option, I was amazed at how many
                pieces of obscure software were in my system. I started removing one at a time.
                When I got to Microsoft's voice solution and removed it, the Yahoo voice
                solution came to life.

                Perhaps some of you may have the same problem with Yahoo voice. Or even
                other programs that don't work/don't work well. Check for junk on your system.
                Get rid of it. At best, all those "extra" programs on your system (if they are
                running all the time) just zap your system performance without user gain.

                Oh yes, MSNBC works just fine without the microsteal driver loaded. Yahoo's
                voice solution plays the news broadcasts just fine without the MS driver
                loaded.

                Just a thought.
                Bill K.