Another step towards modules!

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2004
      I wanted to take a break from my current activities and share with the list
      my latest endeavor. Two years ago, a small band of Z scale brothers in Central
      Ohio started the process to turn their interest group into a Z module club.
      Tonight, my first train is running on my contribution to the club.

      I am working on 8' of modules based on the Z Bend Track concept. The theme is
      loosely the Appalachian coal mine district of Pennsylvania. The modules will
      be two tiered. The base level will contain the four tracks of the module
      standards. Height clearances will accommodate Micro-Trains new double stack
      containers. The goal for me is to run these behind AZL SDs and C44s. The bottom level
      will also contain a small freight yard for staging purposes. Almost 1/2 of
      the base level will be covered by tier 2. A large creek/stream will cut through
      the module with arched stone bridges spanning the waterway.

      Tier 2 will be a focal point. This level contains a large coal mine complex
      from Micro-figs. Three tracks service the mine. One of the tracks is actually a
      through track that loops around the upper tier. This will allow me to run
      small coal trains constantly during shows. The train will disappear into a tunnel
      and emerge at the mine. As of now, a Contrail SD40-2, seven coal hoppers and
      a Conrail caboose are running the rails, though the plan is for Pennsy F7s to
      service the mine with period hoppers staged at the complex. A branch line runs
      downgrade and attaches to a spur that will service two bay hoppers with a
      truck dump above. The spur continues down grade 6' and attaches to the lower
      freight yard.

      For those who know me, European has been my focus. This is a nice change and
      allows me to start working on the US layout I have had in my head for years. I
      can't wait to run trains through it. Well back to work. One quick question
      ... anyone know how to get Liquid Nails off a keyboard?

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
      www.ztrack.com

    • loren snyder
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30, 2004
        xx. One quick question
        > ... anyone know how to get Liquid Nails off a keyboard?
        Rob, It's good to see you branch out into US prototype. When
        can you show us a track plan or some pics of the new layout? Oh,
        and (tongue in check) to get liquid nails off of key boards, try
        liquid pry bar?......what do you mean that won't work?....
      • d.f.avila@att.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 30, 2004
          I think this is the "cost" of kibitzing with Z. Keyboards are only about $100.

          P.S. Carbon Tetrachloride MIGHT work <<IF>> you can find any. Local druggest MIGHT have some.

          -------------- Original message from "loren snyder" : --------------

          > xx. One quick question
          > > ... anyone know how to get Liquid Nails off a keyboard?
          > Rob, It's good to see you branch out into US prototype. When
          > can you show us a track plan or some pics of the new layout? Oh,
          > and (tongue in check) to get liquid nails off of key boards, try
          > liquid pry bar?......what do you mean that won't work?....

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Robert Ray
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 30, 2004
            d.f.avila wrote:
            > I think this is the "cost" of kibitzing with Z. Keyboards are only
            about $100.

            GeeZ, out here I buy a new keyboard everytimg I spill soda on it, or
            it gets dirty. You can get keyboards for $2.99 at Fry's, and they
            actually last a while! ;)
          • bill.foote
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 30, 2004
              Emigrate to civilization here in the UK where keyboards sell for about GBP 7
              ($10)

              Bill Foote (http://freespace.virgin.net/bill.foote)

              >I think this is the "cost" of kibitzing with Z. Keyboards are only about
              >$100.
              >
              > -------------- Original message from "loren snyder" : --------------
              >
              >> xx. One quick question
              >> > ... anyone know how to get Liquid Nails off a keyboard?
            • de Champeaux Dominique
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
                --- ztrack@... a écrit :
                > I wanted to take a break from my current activities
                > and share with the list
                > my latest endeavor. Two years ago, a small band of Z
                > scale brothers in Central
                > Ohio started the process to turn their interest
                > group into a Z module club.
                > Tonight, my first train is running on my
                > contribution to the club.

                > Rob Kluz
                >
                > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                > Dublin, OH 43016
                > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                > www.ztrack.com

                Well, Rob, you are showing yourself that
                modelrailroading is a never ending process!
                Congratulations for this new project and enjoy!
                Dominique

              • ztrack@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
                  In a message dated 8/30/04 6:42:27 PM, ljsnyder@... writes:

                  > When
                  > can you show us a track plan or some pics of the new layout?

                  I will post some photos as soon as I have my river roughed in. As of today,
                  roadbed is in place on the 2nd tier and 1/2 the lower main lines. The top rail
                  has been weathered and it is getting close to ballast time. But first, more
                  foam elevation is needed. I am having a great time with this project!

                  Rob Kluz

                  Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                  6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                  Dublin, OH 43016