Re: Outstanding Z scale dioramas to view on Ebay

  • Bill Hoshiko
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2004
      ted_lamar@p... wrote:

      >"Outstanding" is a powerful word. I think "acceptable" more closely
      > matches what I have seen.
      >
      > For "Outstanding" take a look at that Paper Creek depot in the
      photos section.

      Hi Ted,

      I think that you are comparing two different things. Check this link.
      http://tinyurl.com/5dtlx

      It shows some of the other offerings by the ebay seller. She sells
      completed small dioramas. That is the reason for the high price.

      Paper Creek makes kits. The finished product will be determined by
      the limits in the abilities of the modeler. It will also be
      determined by the setting in which it is placed.

      I can see where the ebay seller's dioramas will enhance some layouts
      and in others it may stand out as "too good" making the rest of the
      layout builder's scenery as mediocre. In a model railroad setting
      these dioramas need a little weathering.

      Some one, like me, can take a perfectly good kit and end up with a
      perfectly horrendous model.

      I like the ebay sellers offerings but would never buy one. I could
      never make it blend into a realistic Mojave Desert scenery.

      Maybe the ebay seller can offer a set of three buildings only and sell
      them with out the scenery. She can then set a proper price and sell
      to the Z scale market. Creating the diorama must be labor intensive.
      She can still sell the dioramas on ebay. They could be used to make
      a great Z scale Christmas train diorama.

      That N scale scene with the people would be outstanding in Z.

      Bill
      El Toro, Ca