Wednesday voice chat

  • Jim Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 18 5:14 AM
      Don't forget tonights voice chat beginning at 9:00 PM EDT. Perhaps
      we could talk about the new wireless remote control and how to use
      it. Jim Thomas
    • Jim Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
        Is it Wednesday already? Are you ready for voicing your thoughts on
        Z scale topics. I have a question for Bill K on wiring the db 25's.
        tune in to hear his response. Jim
      • jmac_han
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
          How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of us
          poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?

          Thanks,
          Jeffrey

        • d.f.avila@att.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
            Second that. Once voice came thru, but never again. Further the Yahoo screen doesn't even show any voice commans <<BUT>> I do have voice on my system.

            -------------- Original message from "jmac_han" : --------------

            > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of us
            > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Jeffrey
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Thomas" wrote:
            > > Is it Wednesday already? Are you ready for voicing your thoughts
            > on
            > > Z scale topics.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Helmut Paule
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
              Hi, second that motion...
              Helmut

              > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of us
              > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Jeffrey
              >
              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Thomas" <jim29t@y...> wrote:
              > > Is it Wednesday already? Are you ready for voicing your thoughts
              > on
              > > Z scale topics.

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Glen Chenier
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jmac_han" <jmac_han@y...> wrote:
                > How about posting a summary of the chat discussion for the rest of
                us
                > poor slobs who can't get Voice-over-internet?

                Years ago my kids showed me a program that could take voice and turn
                it into printed text. Do any of our list computer experts have
                similar that could do the same to log the voice chat?

                Better yet, wouldn't it be nice if Yahoo had this function to print
                voice comments onto the chat screen?
              • zbendtrack@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
                  For our voiceless friends:

                  > Second that. Once voice came thru, but never again. Further the Yahoo
                  > screen doesn't even show any voice commans <<BUT>> I do have voice on my system

                  Some of you may remember that I couldn't participate for a month on the
                  Wednesday voice chat. It suddenly stopped working without warning.

                  After some research, it turned out that the multitude of web plug-in's on my
                  PC were conflicting with each other.

                  Every time you go on the web, you run into websites that want you to download
                  something. I.E. Helpers, map viewers, speed up solutions, character sets,
                  music players, movie players, picture viewers and the list goes on and on. Some
                  websites don't even ask you, they just start the download.

                  The conflict in my case was between Yahoo's voice solution and one that I
                  picked up later from the MSNBC website. Microsoft assured me that their sound
                  driver would improve my "experience" when looking at their news website, and
                  that I should click on the box that says "always trust Microsoft." Right....

                  I happen to own a copy of Norton Utilities which has an option to review and
                  remove "plug-ins." When I brought up that option, I was amazed at how many
                  pieces of obscure software were in my system. I started removing one at a time.
                  When I got to Microsoft's voice solution and removed it, the Yahoo voice
                  solution came to life.

                  Perhaps some of you may have the same problem with Yahoo voice. Or even
                  other programs that don't work/don't work well. Check for junk on your system.
                  Get rid of it. At best, all those "extra" programs on your system (if they are
                  running all the time) just zap your system performance without user gain.

                  Oh yes, MSNBC works just fine without the microsteal driver loaded. Yahoo's
                  voice solution plays the news broadcasts just fine without the MS driver
                  loaded.

                  Just a thought.
                  Bill K.