Re: [z_scale] Thank you note to Eric Smith, Micro-Trains Line

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2 4:16 PM
      Jeffrey,

      I cannot agree more. Micro-Trains has made a commitment to our scale, it is
      very much appreciated. I know for many, the new items cannot come fast enough.
      But at least they are coming. It seems like every month, we have another
      surprise from the Z manufacturers. It just keeps getting better and better. And
      trust me, much, much more is on the way.

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
      www.ztrack.com

    • jim_manley_alpha_six
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3 1:15 AM
        GreetingZ Jeffrey and All OtherZ Still Awake at this Hour,

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey MacHan <jmac_han@y...> wrote:

        > How can Z-scalers help MTL satisfy our desires?
        > First, buy their products and continue to share give
        > MTL feedback and suggestions.

        OK, the TTX Gunderson HuskieZ sold out at MTL to the dealerZ within a
        week, and at the (on-line?) dealerZ within about ten dayZ. The BN
        HuskieZ sold out at MTL to the dealerZ the _first_day_ they were
        available - and I'm guessing it's already getting hard to find any to
        buy from (on-line?) dealerZ in any number. Is that fast enough for
        MTL??? They'd better make enough GeepZ, or there are going to be a
        bunch of irate guyZ 'n galZ out here in ConsumerLand.

        At NTS 2004, I did get to talk for a good while with Eric Smith of
        MTL, thanking him profusely for everything recent and coming in Z,
        such as the HuskieZ, the Geeps and sectional track/turnoutZ, etc. I
        also passed along your greetingZ - the snazzy black hat with the VECRR
        logo gave me instant credibility with all of the big-wigZ at the show
        (I also talked for a while with Märklin USA honcho Fred GateZ). I
        felt like veteran White House reporter Helen Thomas - well, before she
        got sent to the back of the class for asking too many hard questions.
        However, the dress is killing me, not to mention the bra and girdle -
        I don't know how the GalZ put up with this stuff! :)

        The BoyZ in Seattle are kickin' butt and takin' national awardZ,
        Melissa and the KidZ appear to be well on their way to getting some
        moduleZ in front of the General Publick, the East CoastieZ are
        continuing to expand their selection of moduleZ, the TexanZ are
        putting out great award-winning moduleZ, otherZ I'm forgetting
        elZewhere are surely moving forward, and uZ BAZtahdZ are at least
        talking a good game. Robert Ray is well into the foam and track
        laying, I now have collapsible legZ for my miniModuleZ that fit into
        my 22-inch rollaboard airline bag along with the miniModuleZ, and Ted
        now has a nice, empty two-car garage big enough in which to set
        everything up, as we work toward our intended November coming out at a
        local GATS.

        Life iZ great in ZeeLand, and getting even better every day, if not
        every hour. Today the showZ, tomorrow, the World!

        All Z BeZt,
        Jim
      • Arjen
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3 10:53 AM
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jim_manley_alpha_six"
          <jim_manley@h...> wrote:
          > Life iZ great in ZeeLand, and getting even better every day, if not
          > every hour. Today the showZ, tomorrow, the World!

          Jim,

          You might like to know there is a province in this country that is
          actually called 'Zeeland'. Unfortunately that is dutch for 'Sea-
          land' and has nothing to do with model railroading.

          Still, New Zealand was named after Zeeland, but mis-spelled by the
          british.

          Arjen Gerstel
          Utrecht (about an hour from Zeeland)
          Netherlands
        • d.f.avila@att.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3 11:12 AM
            ..just bought a Marklin specialty Z car form one of your "neighbors" in [is it ??] Doetinchem. Everything transpired on the Internet should go so well. The item was better than advertised and the shipping service was FAST.

            ...don

            -------------- Original message from "Arjen" : --------------

            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jim_manley_alpha_six"
            > wrote:
            > > Life iZ great in ZeeLand, and getting even better every day, if not
            > > every hour. Today the showZ, tomorrow, the World!
            >
            > Jim,
            >
            > You might like to know there is a province in this country that is
            > actually called 'Zeeland'. Unfortunately that is dutch for 'Sea-
            > land' and has nothing to do with model railroading.
            >
            > Still, New Zealand was named after Zeeland, but mis-spelled by the
            > british.
            >
            > Arjen Gerstel
            > Utrecht (about an hour from Zeeland)
            > Netherlands

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Robert Ray
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3 4:03 PM
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arjen" <arjen.gerstel@x> wrote:

              > > Life iZ great in ZeeLand, and getting even better every day, if not
              > > every hour. Today the showZ, tomorrow, the World!

              > Arjen Gerstel
              > Utrecht (about an hour from Zeeland)
              > Netherlands

              Ahh Zeeland! Sounds like my kind of place. Is that where the "Water
              Works" project is? I worked in Veldhoven for 9 months and never made
              it there, and that was only an hour or so away.

              -Robert