Re: [z_scale] Removable Track Connection & Alignment

  • zbendtrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
      Don:

      > OTOH I had not though of using a liftbridge

      Using DB25 connectors (and several other types of connectors) aligned
      vertically at each end of a removable bridge section -- have been used for years in
      many scales.

      Your connector of choice should consider both electrical needs as well as
      mechanical alignment (how do you fasten the connector to the bridge and
      stationary surfaces -- and will it hold the rails aligned without rail joiners -- will
      it wobble when mated -- etc.).

      Good luck on the project!

      Bill K.
      Houston

    • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
        >I like "I didn't think it could happen, either"

        It's funny when I think about it now, too.

        But seeing that E8 A-B followed by 8 streamlined passenger cars carreening
        off the end wasn't funny at the time. I had hard wood floors - so it
        sounded really bad too. The train suffered less damage than I expected -
        but more than I wanted :)

        This was way back when HO was still cool - so a while ago :)

        I'm still looking for atricles on lifouts - but it sounds like you really
        need something different - more like removable scenery etc.

      • d.f.avila@att.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
          ..well at this DESIGN/Track laying stage I can remove "anything" BUT I need a method to realign some tracks after I remove the stuff. I'm building on foam, so need something that will last. Obviously I can start off by gluing a plywood panel material down in the track area/end of a bridge, but I'm looking for something that I can sort of "pop off" and "pop on", but will have detailed track alignment. Electrical is the easy [I Think] part to pick up.

          ...don

          -------------- Original message from ted_lamar@...: --------------