Re: New layout photos

  • Deane Shepard
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "loren snyder" <ljsnyder@c...> wrote:
      >> Come on Dean, how can you be so cruel as to "tease" us with
      > cow catcher WITHOUT taking any close ups of your work and a "how I
      > did it" explanation------you owe us on that one !!! It sure looks
      > good from a distance !!!

      I wish I could take credit for some fancy modeling but it is a
      Westmodel "Old Time Cowcatcher" that I bought from
      www.aspenmodel.com I had to do a little cutting and fitting and I
      bent up a small brass mounting plate so that the cowcatcher is
      actually
      fastened only to the boiler and will lift off along with the body if
      the body has to be removed to service the engine.

      I have a higher resolution version of the picture which I will send
      you (and anyone else that asks for it) directly. (I am getting ready
      to go on vacation though and won't be checking mail after Tuesday.)

      > Maybe you could draw us a picture of how you wired up the
      > dual power source.

      I used a jack from http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?
      category=190&item=DCJ-21&type=store which has a normally closed
      switch in it. It allows the battery power to pass through. When a
      plug is inserted, the switch opens and sends the power from the plug
      to the Joerger controller. I used this power supply,
      http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?
      category=480&item=PS-10&type=store, which had a plug to fit the above
      jack.

      I will send you (and anyone else that asks) a pdf file showing the
      wiring on request.

      Deane S.