Question: Low Speed Switching Operation in Z-Scale vs. N-Scale
- View SourceI recently posted the attached on rec.models.railroad. Fortunately, a member of the z_scale list responded with very helpful information - and he introduced me to email@example.com. I welcome additional input from anyone here and look forward to participating in the group as a "friend of Z". Thanks!
My (adult) neighbor is thinking about building a Z-Scale switching layout as
his first model railroading endeavor. He is familiar and comfortable with
the operating characteristics of N-Scale (my N layout has relatively new
Kato/Atlas locos w/ DCC & Micro-Trains couplers). His questions are:
- How does the low-speed performance of Z-Scale locomotives compare to
- Is there a specific make/model of Z-Scale loco recommended for this type
- Is there a preferred DC power pack for Z-Scale?
- Bottom line: is Z-Scale (with MT couplers) viable for an
operation-intensive layout? [Ron: probably a silly question to ask of this group!]
Thanks for any observations you all can provide.
Iowa City, IA