Re: StockYard aerials?

  • jim_manley_alpha_six
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2004
      Hi Mr. Bill ("Oh, no! Sluggo!!! ;)

      As you might surmiZe, one of the first thingZ student pilotZ are
      taught iZ how to determine wind direction close to the ground when
      there iZ no local reporting or wind sockZ/vanes (smokestack plumes,
      movement of dust clouds stirred up in fields, wavelets on water,
      rolling tumbleweeds, Dorothy's house whizzing by ... :)

      As such, I would endeavor to remain upwind of said boviniferous
      emissions (a major source of greenhouse gaZeZ, BTW! ;) above almost
      any other maneuvering consideration, short of colliding with another
      aircraft also attempting to avoid the "bouquet"!

      All Z BeZt,
      Jim