New MTL loco - release date?

  • sjwood66
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3 6:16 AM
      I've been holding off on any purchases waiting to find out what the new Z loco from MTL is
      going to be. I'm not asking what it will be (of course I'd love to know!) but does anyone
      know approximately WHEN it will be announced and/or released? Many thanks in advance.

      Steve W
    • loren snyder
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3 7:57 AM
        x I've been holding off on any purchases waiting to find out what
        the new Z loco from MTL is
        > going to be. I'm not asking what it will be (of course I'd love to
        know!) but does anyone
        > know approximately WHEN it will be announced and/or released? Many
        thanks in advance.

        > Steve W Steve, you are not unlike the rest of us who
        are chomping at the bit to get the next MTL loco. Unfortunately, we
        are all in the same boat I believe, and that boat is still anchored
        at the port of ignorance..... meaning, we are all in the
        dark. Now there might be someone out there who has special
        insider ties with the powers that be, but I would bet your
        fingernails that they won't tell. MTL is consistantly mum on any
        word of new releases, the pat answer usually being, "it's in the
        works and probably sometime next ----". I've talked several times
        with some of those powers that be and the answer is always the
        same. The only date I have heard from these powerful "bees" is ----
        . Yup, that's right, you heard it here first. Frustrating isn't
        it ? Keep saving your sheckles, at least you'll have a nest egg by
        the time MTL does release its next loco. Besides, waiting only
        teaches us patience doesn't it? Not !!!!!
      • sjwood66
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3 2:52 PM
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "loren snyder" <ljsnyder@c...> wrote:
          > x I've been holding off on any purchases waiting to find out what
          > the new Z loco from MTL is
          > > going to be. I'm not asking what it will be (of course I'd love to
          > know!) but does anyone
          > > know approximately WHEN it will be announced and/or released? Many
          > thanks in advance.
          > >
          > > Steve W Steve, you are not unlike the rest of us who
          > are chomping at the bit to get the next MTL loco. Unfortunately, we
          > are all in the same boat I believe, and that boat is still anchored
          > at the port of ignorance..... meaning, we are all in the
          > dark. Now there might be someone out there who has special
          > insider ties with the powers that be, but I would bet your
          > fingernails that they won't tell. MTL is consistantly mum on any
          > word of new releases, the pat answer usually being, "it's in the
          > works and probably sometime next ----". I've talked several times
          > with some of those powers that be and the answer is always the
          > same. The only date I have heard from these powerful "bees" is ----
          > . Yup, that's right, you heard it here first. Frustrating isn't
          > it ? Keep saving your sheckles, at least you'll have a nest egg by
          > the time MTL does release its next loco. Besides, waiting only
          > teaches us patience doesn't it? Not !!!!!

          Yeah, I was afraid of that. The only info I have been given is that it will be appropriate for
          the Gunderson stack cars. That only narrows it down to all second and third generation
          locos!