Re: [z_scale] Have Loco and Cars Bu t No Track or Transformer.  Need Advice.

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2004
      Paula,

      My first bit of advice is to find a new dealer. Anyone willing to turn away a
      customer and not be human when it comes to simply sharing a bathroom need a
      lesson in kindness and customer service.

      Starter sets are definitely a better value. In Märklin's, you will get track,
      transformer, a loco and assorted cars. Often, you are getting all the items
      for little more than the price of the loco. Purchasing piece by piece will cost
      you more in the long run. Micro-Tains offers starter sets, but they are
      lacking the transformer. Still, it is a good value for the rolling stock.

      I would recommend a mid range starter set. This will give you an oval of
      track, possibly a turnout or two, transformer and some nice rolling stock. Most M
      ärklin dealers will be glad to help you. A listing of some great Z scale
      dealers can be found at: http://www.ztrack.com/mrtsbcatpgs/dealers.html

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.