Need code 40 rail joiners...

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 24, 2004
      I am currently building #6, #8, and #10 Z-scale turnouts with ME
      code 40 rail. I am attempting to handlay a 5' x 7' layout, and was
      wondering what type of rail joiners should I use? And where is the
      best place to purchase them from?

      MTL Z-scale joiners are a tad bit too big for code 40 rail.

      Help...

      Eric P. Menzel
    • Paul York
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 24, 2004
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <epmenzel@y...> wrote:
        > I am currently building #6, #8, and #10 Z-scale turnouts with ME
        > code 40 rail. I am attempting to handlay a 5' x 7' layout, and
        was
        > wondering what type of rail joiners should I use? And where is
        the
        > best place to purchase them from?
        >
        > MTL Z-scale joiners are a tad bit too big for code 40 rail.
        >
        > Help...
        >
        > Eric P. Menzel

        Micro Engineering makes code 40 rail joiners. Thats what I use.
      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 24, 2004
          Hello Eric,
          You will find code 40 rail joiners in the current 2004
          Walther.s "N&Z Model Railroad Reference Book",
          under Track & Accessories, Micro Engineering Co,
          page 124, column 2.

          Order from your hobby shop or with Walther's Inc.
          directly.

          That should help.
          Reynard
          On Thursday, June 24, 2004, at 01:58 PM, Eric wrote:

          > I am currently building #6, #8, and #10 Z-scale turnouts with ME
          > code 40 rail.� I am attempting to handlay a 5' x 7' layout, and was
          > wondering what type of rail joiners should I use?� And where is the
          > best place to purchase them from?
          >
          > MTL Z-scale joiners are a tad bit too big for code 40 rail.
          >
          > Help...
          >
          > Eric P. Menzel
          >

          > "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE!� Highly addictive in Small
          > DoseZ!

          <image.tiff>

          <image.tiff>

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > �
          > �

        • Edward Scullin
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 24, 2004
            Eric are you using the fast tracks turnout jigs? If yes could you
            give a brief review of what you think of them? I am looking at
            buying some in the near future.
            Ed Scullin

            --- Eric <epmenzel@...> wrote:
            > I am currently building #6, #8, and #10 Z-scale turnouts with ME
            > code 40 rail. I am attempting to handlay a 5' x 7' layout, and was
            >SNIP

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Eric Menzel
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 24, 2004
              Yes I am using the fast track jigs... I have #6, #8, #10, and #12
              in N scale, along with #10 (#6 and #8 will be ordered soon) in Z
              scale.

              Highly recommended! They work flawlessly. It's really all about
              soldering technique. I've built at least 200 turnouts now
              (including 'by-hand' curved and doubleslips). I also recommend
              getting a .010" or .015" dia. solder.

              I have a couple pics in the photo section under Eric's Pics.

              -Eric

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Edward Scullin <sculline@y...> wrote:
              > Eric are you using the fast tracks turnout jigs? If yes could you
              > give a brief review of what you think of them? I am looking at
              > buying some in the near future.
              > Ed Scullin
              >
              > --- Eric <epmenzel@y...> wrote:
              > > I am currently building #6, #8, and #10 Z-scale turnouts with ME
              > > code 40 rail. I am attempting to handlay a 5' x 7' layout, and
              was
              > >SNIP

              > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Robert Ray
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 24, 2004
                "Eric" wrote:
                > I am currently building #6, #8, and #10 Z-scale turnouts with ME
                > code 40 rail. I am attempting to handlay a 5' x 7' layout, and was
                > wondering what type of rail joiners should I use? And where is the
                > best place to purchase them from?

                I am doing the same exact thing, and I bought the ME code 40 rail
                joiners from Internet Trains and some from Feather River Trains.

                Look Here:
                http://www.internettrains.com/micencod40sl.html
              • Michael P. Gorczynski
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 24, 2004
                  There is an excellent review of the Fast Tracks jigs in the July/August
                  issue of N Scale Railroading. It looks easy enough to do.

                  Mike in San Antonio TEXAS!

                  --- Eric <epmenzel@...> wrote:
                  > I am currently building #6, #8, and #10 Z-scale turnouts with ME
                  > code 40 rail. I am attempting to handlay a 5' x 7' layout, and was
                  >SNIP

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • Edward Scullin
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 25, 2004
                    Eric
                    Thanks for the info. Will end up ordering some when we get to movee
                    into our new home. The builder keeps delaying the date. Was to be
                    6-2 now 7-15.
                    Ed S

                  • d.f.avila@att.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 25, 2004
                      Hey, only a 2.5 week delay is "perfect" When we built 5 years ago the builder promised IN WRITING 8 months -- In acuality he took 14.5 months. Build a couple of Z-scale models while fuming away. ...don