Women of Z scale

  • harold grady
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 23, 2004
      Hi to the guys and a special salute to the loyal dedicated women of z scale.
      What a warm hartfelt feeling to increasingly see more female fans.
      You guys who have wives or girlfriends who share the hobby with you
      are extremely lucky. I cannot imagine a more unifying or strengthning bond.
      This subject would make an extremely interesting article in Ztrack mag.
      Are you listening Robert Kluz? I have one girlfriend who is tolerant but distant.
      And on the otherhand I have one who views my trains as competition for her
      affections and money. The extremely ideal situation would be to have a girlfriend/
      wife or both like Jeffrey Macman who has a loving dedicated wife.
      Harold Grady

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 24, 2004
        Harold,

        I agree! I have a VERY tolerant wife. She is helping more with the business,
        but is definitely not a model train enthusiast. Throughout the years, she has
        gain a much greater appreciation to the world I live in. I also found the
        buying gifts helps prolong the appreciation and tolerance!

        Rob Kluz

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com

      • Phil Risbridger
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 24, 2004
          My other half tolerant?

          One hour track maintenence = half an hour cleaning windows.

          Two hours running the locos = mowing the lawns

          Buying several AZL's = taking her clothes shopping for several hours
          without throwing a tantrum!, and not sulking.

          Saving up for Z Cab forwards/Big Boy = chained to kitchen.

          Other half showing interest in layout?, means she has been abusing my
          credit card!

          Phil

          PS, she did buy me a TEE set for my 40th and a SD-40 for my 41st!
        • Glen Chenier
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 25, 2004
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, harold grady <butch60619@y...> wrote:
            > You guys who have wives or girlfriends who share the hobby with you
            > are extremely lucky.

            You bet! I just married a fine lady who really enjoys building model
            railroad scenery.
          • Will Jennings
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
              While I am currently single, I'd imagine most women would probably see
              Z-scale favorably compared with some of my other hobbies, such as the fact
              that I own 4 cars (one of which runs).

              Will J