8895 drive problem

  • ccuson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2004
      The drive gears do not engage with the armature shaft screw drive. The motor just spins.
      I have taken the bottom plate off and made sure the gears are fully set in place. At least I
      hope they were fully set. Maybe they displace a bit when the motor starts turning. But I
      suspect the screw drive has become worn and can't bite into the first gear. I switched
      gears with another 8895, with the same spinning result. I have had this engine less than
      two years. It has run probably less than 20-30 hours. It has a 5 pole motor. Have any of
      you had such a problem with the screw drives? Do you suspect any other reason other
      than wear that this could happen?