GE U30CG shell?

  • choua
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
      Now that someone has created a SD50 for an AZL loco
      has anybody considered a GE U30CG shell for the F-7?
      Santa Fe had eight of these engines built, used for
      passenger and freight service. Profile past the windshield
      is very similar to the F-7, curved roof and smoothsides.
    • Mei Mei/Vincent Goudreault
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2004
        Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 00:23:14 -0000
        From: "choua" <clockdragger2000@...>
        Subject: GE U30CG shell?

        Now that someone has created a SD50 for an AZL loco
        has anybody considered a GE U30CG shell for the F-7?
        Santa Fe had eight of these engines built, used for
        passenger and freight service. Profile past the windshield
        is very similar to the F-7, curved roof and smoothsides.

        But isn't the U30 a CoCo, while the F7 is a BoBo?
        Replacement shell of a U30CG would be more at home
        atop a AZL E8, wouldn't it?

        CBVG
      • de Champeaux Dominique
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2004
          > But isn't the U30 a CoCo, while the F7 is a BoBo?
          > Replacement shell of a U30CG would be more at home
          > atop a AZL E8, wouldn't it?
          >
          > CBVG

          Or even an AZL F45. But I'm sure I'm not going to
          remove my only F45's shell to put another one on the
          chassis....No, definitively I'm interrested in a new
          shell if I can find matching chassis, but remember,
          Rob advised us that AZL has no plans to sell chassis
          alone.
          Dominique