Micro Trains F-7's and Nelson Gray

  • Jim Thomas
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
      The Microtrains F7 is from the original molds by Nelson Gray. He
      sold them to Microtrains. I beleive that the Gunderson stack cars
      and the longer gondola's are the first car bodies by Microtrains.
      All the rest were by Nelson Gray. I may be wrong, I will ask
      Nelson. Jim
    • dwb6871@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
        Very good information!

        Thanks!
        Doug

      • Elizabeth Hayes
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 4, 2004
          I think that all of the Micro-Trains cars with operating doors, such as
          stock car or 40&50 foot double door box cars, 40&50 ft single doors , etc
          are Microtrains originals All of the others, without moving doors, except
          for the 50 foot gondolas are Nelson Gray molds--40&50 ft plug doors, 50 ft
          ribside, 40 ft gondola, tank car caboose, 4o ft wood sheathed as well as the
          other 4 NN3 bodies

          >From: "Jim Thomas" <jim29t@...>
          >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [z_scale] Micro Trains F-7's and Nelson Gray
          >Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:03:06 -0000
          >
          >The Microtrains F7 is from the original molds by Nelson Gray. He
          >sold them to Microtrains. I beleive that the Gunderson stack cars
          >and the longer gondola's are the first car bodies by Microtrains.
          >All the rest were by Nelson Gray. I may be wrong, I will ask
          >Nelson. Jim

        • Elizabeth Hayes
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5, 2004
            plus the two flat car bodies

            >From: "Elizabeth Hayes" <ehayes24@...>
            >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: RE: [z_scale] Micro Trains F-7's and Nelson Gray
            >Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:45:30 +0000
            >
            >I think that all of the Micro-Trains cars with operating doors, such as
            >stock car or 40&50 foot double door box cars, 40&50 ft single doors , etc
            >are Microtrains originals All of the others, without moving doors, except
            >for the 50 foot gondolas are Nelson Gray molds--40&50 ft plug doors, 50 ft
            >ribside, 40 ft gondola, tank car caboose, 4o ft wood sheathed as well as
            >the
            >other 4 NN3 bodies
            >

            > >From: "Jim Thomas" <jim29t@...>
            > >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [z_scale] Micro Trains F-7's and Nelson Gray
            > >Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:03:06 -0000
            > >
            > >The Microtrains F7 is from the original molds by Nelson Gray. He
            > >sold them to Microtrains. I beleive that the Gunderson stack cars
            > >and the longer gondola's are the first car bodies by Microtrains.
            > >All the rest were by Nelson Gray. I may be wrong, I will ask
            > >Nelson. Jim

            >Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! http://youroffers.msn.com

            MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access fights spam and pop-ups � now 3 months FREE!
          • blakehoo
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 11, 2004
              There are several lots of original Nelson Gray on ebay right now!
              Take a look

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Hayes" <ehayes24@h...>