Re: [z_scale] Micro Trains F-7's

  • Tom Fisher
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
      See this site for a nice comparison and for other
      goodies.

      http://www.armadillo.ch/Zscale/Infopool/ZIman_de.htm#Comparison%20/%20Vergleich%20Marklin%20F7%20vs.%20Micro%20Trains%20F7

      but this link for the site should work better

      http://tinyurl.com/3bsy8

      go to www.tinyurl.com for using tiny urls.

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
        --- mktslsf <dwb6871@...> a écrit : > Hello,

        > I'm familiar with the Marklin but not the MT F-7's.
        > Could those of
        > you who own them please give a review of their
        > quality and
        > performance. It looks like they've greatly expanded
        > their line in
        > the two years I've been away from the hobby.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Doug

        No idea about Marklin's F7 performance, but about MT
        F7:
        -shell detailing not matching present era hobby's
        standard (horns, handrails beeing in the same mold
        than the remaining of the shell - no grab irons on the
        nose - until recently no windows on the cab).

        but:

        -this loco is cheap ($100 or so)
        -it pulls like a mule (50 or so freight cars on
        straight flat track)
        -it has VERY GOOD low speed capacity (5 scale MPH or
        so)
        -to my eyes its shape is very more prototypical than
        its Marklin counterpart (Marklin F7's shell lies on a
        DB Class 110 electric's chassis).

        Hope this helps

        Dominique

      • Jim Thomas
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
          The Microtrains F7 is from the original molds by Nelson Gray. He
          sold them to Microtrains. I beleive that the Gunderson stack cars
          and the longer gondola's are the first car bodies by Microtrains.
          All the rest were by Nelson Gray. I may be wrong, I will ask
          Nelson. Jim
        • dwb6871@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
            Very good information!

            Thanks!
            Doug

          • Elizabeth Hayes
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 4, 2004
              I think that all of the Micro-Trains cars with operating doors, such as
              stock car or 40&50 foot double door box cars, 40&50 ft single doors , etc
              are Microtrains originals All of the others, without moving doors, except
              for the 50 foot gondolas are Nelson Gray molds--40&50 ft plug doors, 50 ft
              ribside, 40 ft gondola, tank car caboose, 4o ft wood sheathed as well as the
              other 4 NN3 bodies

              >From: "Jim Thomas" <jim29t@...>
              >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [z_scale] Micro Trains F-7's and Nelson Gray
              >Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:03:06 -0000
              >
              >The Microtrains F7 is from the original molds by Nelson Gray. He
              >sold them to Microtrains. I beleive that the Gunderson stack cars
              >and the longer gondola's are the first car bodies by Microtrains.
              >All the rest were by Nelson Gray. I may be wrong, I will ask
              >Nelson. Jim

            • Elizabeth Hayes
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5, 2004
                plus the two flat car bodies

                >From: "Elizabeth Hayes" <ehayes24@...>
                >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: RE: [z_scale] Micro Trains F-7's and Nelson Gray
                >Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:45:30 +0000
                >
                >I think that all of the Micro-Trains cars with operating doors, such as
                >stock car or 40&50 foot double door box cars, 40&50 ft single doors , etc
                >are Microtrains originals All of the others, without moving doors, except
                >for the 50 foot gondolas are Nelson Gray molds--40&50 ft plug doors, 50 ft
                >ribside, 40 ft gondola, tank car caboose, 4o ft wood sheathed as well as
                >the
                >other 4 NN3 bodies
                >

                > >From: "Jim Thomas" <jim29t@...>
                > >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: [z_scale] Micro Trains F-7's and Nelson Gray
                > >Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:03:06 -0000
                > >
                > >The Microtrains F7 is from the original molds by Nelson Gray. He
                > >sold them to Microtrains. I beleive that the Gunderson stack cars
                > >and the longer gondola's are the first car bodies by Microtrains.
                > >All the rest were by Nelson Gray. I may be wrong, I will ask
                > >Nelson. Jim

                >Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! http://youroffers.msn.com

                MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access fights spam and pop-ups � now 3 months FREE!
              • blakehoo
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 11, 2004
                  There are several lots of original Nelson Gray on ebay right now!
                  Take a look

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Hayes" <ehayes24@h...>