Intermodal Crane

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2004
      The anticipated release of MT's Gunderson Husky is finally here.
      This new addition to modern "Z" is a welcomed sight. Unfortunately,
      these well cars don't have the capability to load and unload
      themselves. Therefore, in the anticipation of their arrival into my
      intermodal yard, I have scratch built a Mi-Jack Translift intermodal
      crane. Actually, I am not quite finished with it, but so close that
      I have finally posted photos in the photo section under the folder
      named Intermodal Crane. This crane is only the beginning of a set of
      specific built structures and vehicles for my yard. I hope you enjoy
      the photos. All comments are welcome.

      Tim the Train-aholic
    • Robert Ray
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2004
        Excellent as always Tim, now you just need to build a piggy packer
        too. In fact, build 2, and I'll trade you for one of them. :)

        -Robert
      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2004
          Tim,

          The Mi-Jack looks great! I can't wait to see the yard you are planning.

          I talked with the owner of Searails the other day. They are planning on
          releasing an Mi-Jack for Z scale in the next month. They are also releasing large
          harbor cranes, container stacks, container ships and other accessories for
          intermodal facilities. Exciting stuff in my opinion!

          Rob Kluz

          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016
          phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
          www.ztrack.com

        • Scott A. Whitmire
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
            At 5/31/2004 06:20 AM, you wrote:
            >Tim,
            >
            >The Mi-Jack looks great! I can't wait to see the yard you are planning.
            >
            >I talked with the owner of Searails the other day. They are planning on
            >releasing an Mi-Jack for Z scale in the next month. They are also
            >releasing large
            >harbor cranes, container stacks, container ships and other accessories for
            >intermodal facilities. Exciting stuff in my opinion!
            >
            >Rob Kluz

            No kidding. I need a raise.

            Scott Whitmire