Re: Nationals

  • Ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 1999
      Billy,

      Thank you for the introduction! Yes, there has been much discussion about a
      national show in the U.S. The question that continually arises is if Z scale
      can support a national show solely. If we do not think we have the support
      for a national show just for Z, then we must look at grouping our Z event
      with another national show such as the NMRA nationals.

      From a recent Ztrack survey, we found the majority of respondents did not
      want a show grouped with anther event. They fear that Z will get over looked
      or lost in the crowd. I tend to agree.

      Regardless of the event, we must start the ball rolling. We felt a Regional
      meet will be a great way to start building up to a national show. It gives us
      the opportunity to gauge the support for Z plus offer Z scalers a great
      chance to meet other folks, make contacts, ask questions, and have a day of
      Z! If all works well, we hope to grow this event into a national show for Z
      scale!

      Already the response is wonderful! I have commitments from many Ztrack
      subscribers from all across the US who are planning on flying in for the
      event. The DG&M will have their Z scale modules on display, plus commitments
      from dealers such as Bob's Model Railway Supplies, and Z Train Products will
      give attendees a chance to purchase items at the event. Tentatively,
      seminars, including loco maintenance and scenery tricks are planned.

      This event is not limited to Ztrack subscribers. If you are a Z scaler, or
      simply like trains, we want to see you there! So mark your calendars for
      April 15, 1999 at the Richardson, TX Civic Center. More information on times
      and events will be posted as we have them.

      I hope to see you there!

      Rob Kluz
      Ztrack Magazine