F59PHI

  • John Bartolotto
    Message 1 of 11 , May 22, 2004
      Amtrak's F59PHI (#450 & #451 were delivered to Los Angeles for
      operation on the Amtrak West San Diegan route - I believe sometime
      in 1998)

      John
    • Michael Hilliard
      Message 2 of 11 , May 22, 2004
        PH1.... Phase One... I think those drinks on the beach Rob are subliminally kicking in here, beware of sharks, unless it's on your dinnerplate :)

        John Bartolotto <jsbart@...> wrote: Amtrak's F59PHI (#450 & #451 were delivered to Los Angeles for
        operation on the Amtrak West San Diegan route - I believe sometime
        in 1998)

        John

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 22, 2004
          In a message dated 5/22/04 6:28:53 PM, jsbart@... writes:

          > Amtrak's F59PHI (#450 & #451 were delivered to Los Angeles for
          > operation on the Amtrak West San Diegan route - I believe sometime
          > in 1998)

          Go with that thought. Now think passenger cars, paint schemes, injection
          molding and sub $200.00 Z locos!

          Rob

          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016
          phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
          www.ztrack.com

        • jim_manley_alpha_six
          Message 4 of 11 , May 22, 2004
            Rob,

            The Amtrak California Surfliner, the Coast Starlight, the San Diego
            Coaster, the Metrolink in Los Angeles and Orange Counties, the Seattle
            area Sounder/Sound Transit, the Trinity Railway Express in Dallas, the
            Virginia Railway Express between Fredricksburg and Washington, DC, the
            North Carolina Department of Transportation, the Montreal Agence
            Metropolitaine de Transport, etc., which all use the F59PHI loco?

            As Keanu Reeves might say, "Whoa."

            As we say in the Navy, "Neato Torpedo!"

            All Z BeZt,
            Jim

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, ztrack@a... wrote:

            > In a message dated 5/22/04 6:28:53 PM, jsbart@c... writes:
            >

            > > Amtrak's F59PHI (#450 & #451 were delivered to Los Angeles for
            > > operation on the Amtrak West San Diegan route - I believe sometime
            > > in 1998)
            > >

            > Go with that thought. Now think passenger cars, paint schemes,
            injection
            > molding and sub $200.00 Z locos!
          • Tom Fisher
            Message 5 of 11 , May 22, 2004
              http://www.alaskarails.org/creations/SW-F59PHI.html

              http://www.trainweb.org/f59phi450/amtrak/f59phi.html

              http://www.trainweb.org/asamtrakf40/loco/amtk466.jpg

              http://www.simpson.edu/~RITS/modeling/whatif/f59phi.html

              --- jim_manley_alpha_six <jim_manley@...>
              wrote:
              > Rob,
              >
              > The Amtrak California Surfliner, the Coast
              > Starlight, the San Diego
              > Coaster, the Metrolink in Los Angeles and Orange
              > Counties, the Seattle
              > area Sounder/Sound Transit, the Trinity Railway
              > Express in Dallas, the
              > Virginia Railway Express between Fredricksburg and
              > Washington, DC, the
              > North Carolina Department of Transportation, the
              > Montreal Agence
              > Metropolitaine de Transport, etc., which all use the
              > F59PHI loco?

              Yahoo! Domains � Claim yours for only $14.70/year
            • ztrack@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , May 23, 2004
                Also, look at:

                http://usloki.tripod.com/EMDF59PH.htm

                Love this site!

                Rob

                Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                Dublin, OH 43016
                phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                www.ztrack.com

              • Cliff Travis
                Message 7 of 11 , May 23, 2004
                  This is a pretty strong hint about something
                  Cliff

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, ztrack@a... wrote:
                  > Also, look at:
                  >
                  > http://usloki.tripod.com/EMDF59PH.htm
                  >
                  > Love this site!
                  >
                  > Rob
                  >

                  > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                  > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                  > Dublin, OH 43016
                  > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                  > www.ztrack.com

                • Robert Allbritton
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 23, 2004
                    Well, we already had a winner folks.

                    Yes: AZL's next release will be the F59PHI with matching coach sets.

                    I'm lucky enough to have the prototypes in my hands, and I can tell you that
                    they are FANTASTIC!!!

                    We finally have another source of reasonably priced, injection molded
                    locomotives and cars - but very high quality. Hats off to AZL!!!

                    Best,
                    -Rob

                    PS: Rob Kluz - tell me when I can post a few pictures to the forum and I
                    will be happy to oblige.
                  • Larry Card
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 23, 2004
                      >As we say in the Navy, "Neato Torpedo!"

                      We say lots of other things too, most of it unprintable. Nothing "improves"
                      your vocabulary more than dealing with Marines.

                      > > Go with that thought. Now think passenger cars, paint schemes, injection
                      > > molding and sub $200.00 Z locos!

                      I'd be happy with sub $200 locos, especially with 4 wheel trucks with a
                      wider wheelbase between the trucks than the current F-7 offerings.
                      V/R
                      Larry P. Card
                      Virginia Beach, VA

                      Premium! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/
                    • Jim Thomas
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
                        I just got back from Rob's and checked out his latest delivery. His
                        raves are well deserved. I picked up one for myself and can hardly
                        wait to try it out. Jim Thomas
                      • David George
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 24 8:04 PM
                          Years ago I saw a SOUNDER go by my Marriott window in Alexandria , Va.
                          They are everywhere.
                          Mister Dave

                          Every day is Saturday !