My 8896 (BR86) is very noisy

  • Anders Lattermann
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 1999
      My 8896 (BR86) is very noisy. It has ran over 20 hours but still has a very
      high noise lewel. I have tried to oil it, grease it, clean it etc but
      nothing helps.

      The funny thing is that when I drive it rather fast (over 120 on the grey
      transformer) it suddenly becomes almost quiet.

      This is the only BR86 I have so I can't compare it with any else. So I'd
      like to ask you people here on the list about your experience with this
      loco.

      Thanks and best regards from the autumn in Stockholm. A city that still
      think it's summer with super nice weather!
      /Anders