Re: [z_scale] Intellibox/Twin-Center

  • A H-Ellary
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2000
      hi there i use the digitrax chief with z gauge..... i use it with the n
      gauge setting.... that's the track voltage........ the important bit is to
      set the max voltage of the decoder... i use the digitrax dz121 this is done
      visa the cv 05setting

      A H-Ellary the mad UK Z'er with digitrax Chief + winlok 2.1

      now with added web page www.nccnet.co.uk/ahellary
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2000
        --- In z_scale@egroups.com, "A H-Ellary" <ahellary@n...> wrote:
        > hi there i use the digitrax chief with z gauge..... i use it with the n
        > gauge setting.... that's the track voltage........ the important bit is
        > set the max voltage of the decoder... i use the digitrax dz121
        this is done
        > visa the cv 05setting
        >
        > A H-Ellary the mad UK Z'er with digitrax Chief + winlok 2.1

        Hi, thanks for your reply. I think this the answer! Twin-Center
        supports DCC programing so I should be able to set the right
        value for the cv05. However, what is the value for the cv05?

        Regards Edwin
      • A H-Ellary
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2000
          hello there i use BE in hex if i use the chief to program or 190 in dec for
          winlok this gives me around 9v and as my marklin power unit puts out 10v 9
          seems a fair voltage to use

        • kim@blueneptune.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2000
            Folks with DZ121 do you have problem with the F0 and F1 lights
            blinking every 8 seconds. I use the chief system with DCS200. I have
            installed 4 DZ121 and all of them do the same thing. Let me know if
            you folks do not see this problem, it is kind of annoying after all
            the trouble you take to put the decoder in Z...... the decoder does
            not work right.
            Kim

            --- In z_scale@egroups.com, "A H-Ellary" <ahellary@n...> wrote:
            > hello there i use BE in hex if i use the chief to program or 190 in
            dec for
            > winlok this gives me around 9v and as my marklin power unit puts out
            10v 9
            > seems a fair voltage to use
            >
            > A H-Ellary the mad UK Z'er with digitrax Chief + winlok 2.1
            >
            > now with added web page www.nccnet.co.uk/ahellary

          • Jay & Anne Greer
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2000
              Hi Kim,
              I would suggest that you check directly with Digitrax concerning your
              problem with the blinking lights. Then perhaps you could share the
              information with all of us. The web address for Digitrax is
              http://www.digitrax.com/
              Best of luck,
              Jay Greer/Der Wegmann
              > From: kim@...
              > Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 21:41:59 -0000
              > To: z_scale@egroups.com
              > Subject: [z_scale] Re: Intellibox/Twin-Center
              >
              > Folks with DZ121 do you have problem with the F0 and F1 lights
              > blinking every 8 seconds. I use the chief system with DCS200. I have
              > installed 4 DZ121 and all of them do the same thing. Let me know if
              > you folks do not see this problem, it is kind of annoying after all
              > the trouble you take to put the decoder in Z...... the decoder does
              > not work right.
              > Kim
              >
              > --- In z_scale@egroups.com, "A H-Ellary" <ahellary@n...> wrote:
              >> hello there i use BE in hex if i use the chief to program or 190 in
              > dec for
              >> winlok this gives me around 9v and as my marklin power unit puts out
              > 10v 9
              >> seems a fair voltage to use
              >>
              >> A H-Ellary the mad UK Z'er with digitrax Chief + winlok 2.1
              >>
              >> now with added web page www.nccnet.co.uk/ahellary

            • jjabour
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2000
                Kim
                I use DZ121 in all of my engines and I have no problem with the
                light. When it's on, it stays on. I only use F0 though and not
                F1
                John