Intellibox/Twin-Center

  • E Ouwejan
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2000
      Someone recently gave me a Digital Startset. However, I'm more in to Z-scale
      these days. So I want to use the digital components for my Z-scale layout.
      My question: does anyone know if it is possible to use the fleischmann
      Twin-Center with Z-scale?
      The Fleischmann Twin-Center, that contains a booster, is similar to the
      Intellibox of Uhlenbrock. According to the manual you can select HO (16 V)
      or N-mode (18 V). I'm no technician and I understood that Z-scale does not
      use the same voltage as N or HO, so I'm a bit worried about using the
      Twin-Center. Can anyone help me?

      Regards Edwin
    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2000
        Hello Edwin,
        Whatever you do, don't run Z scale above 8VDC, you'll burn out the motors.

        Regards,
        Reynard

        E Ouwejan wrote:

        Someone recently gave me a Digital Startset. However, I'm more in to Z-scale
        these days. So I want to use the digital components for my Z-scale layout.
        My question: does anyone know if it is possible to use the fleischmann
        Twin-Center with Z-scale?
        The Fleischmann Twin-Center,  that contains a booster, is similar to the
        Intellibox of Uhlenbrock. According to the manual you can select HO (16 V)
        or N-mode (18 V). I'm no technician and I understood that Z-scale does not
        use the same voltage as N or HO, so I'm a bit worried about using the
        Twin-Center. Can anyone help me?

        Regards Edwin

      • A H-Ellary
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2000
          hi there i use the digitrax chief with z gauge..... i use it with the n
          gauge setting.... that's the track voltage........ the important bit is to
          set the max voltage of the decoder... i use the digitrax dz121 this is done
          visa the cv 05setting

          A H-Ellary the mad UK Z'er with digitrax Chief + winlok 2.1

          now with added web page www.nccnet.co.uk/ahellary

        • eouwejan@casema.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2000
            --- In z_scale@egroups.com, "A H-Ellary" <ahellary@n...> wrote:
            > hi there i use the digitrax chief with z gauge..... i use it with the n
            > gauge setting.... that's the track voltage........ the important bit is
            > set the max voltage of the decoder... i use the digitrax dz121
            this is done
            > visa the cv 05setting
            >
            > A H-Ellary the mad UK Z'er with digitrax Chief + winlok 2.1

            Hi, thanks for your reply. I think this the answer! Twin-Center
            supports DCC programing so I should be able to set the right
            value for the cv05. However, what is the value for the cv05?

            Regards Edwin
          • A H-Ellary
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2000
              hello there i use BE in hex if i use the chief to program or 190 in dec for
              winlok this gives me around 9v and as my marklin power unit puts out 10v 9
              seems a fair voltage to use

            • kim@blueneptune.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2000
                Folks with DZ121 do you have problem with the F0 and F1 lights
                blinking every 8 seconds. I use the chief system with DCS200. I have
                installed 4 DZ121 and all of them do the same thing. Let me know if
                you folks do not see this problem, it is kind of annoying after all
                the trouble you take to put the decoder in Z...... the decoder does
                not work right.
                Kim

                --- In z_scale@egroups.com, "A H-Ellary" <ahellary@n...> wrote:
                > hello there i use BE in hex if i use the chief to program or 190 in
                dec for
                > winlok this gives me around 9v and as my marklin power unit puts out
                10v 9
                > seems a fair voltage to use
                >
                > A H-Ellary the mad UK Z'er with digitrax Chief + winlok 2.1
                >
                > now with added web page www.nccnet.co.uk/ahellary

              • Jay & Anne Greer
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 4, 2000
                  Hi Kim,
                  I would suggest that you check directly with Digitrax concerning your
                  problem with the blinking lights. Then perhaps you could share the
                  information with all of us. The web address for Digitrax is
                  http://www.digitrax.com/
                  Best of luck,
                  Jay Greer/Der Wegmann
                  > From: kim@...
                  > Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 21:41:59 -0000
                  > To: z_scale@egroups.com
                  > Subject: [z_scale] Re: Intellibox/Twin-Center
                  >
                  > Folks with DZ121 do you have problem with the F0 and F1 lights
                  > blinking every 8 seconds. I use the chief system with DCS200. I have
                  > installed 4 DZ121 and all of them do the same thing. Let me know if
                  > you folks do not see this problem, it is kind of annoying after all
                  > the trouble you take to put the decoder in Z...... the decoder does
                  > not work right.
                  > Kim
                  >
                  > --- In z_scale@egroups.com, "A H-Ellary" <ahellary@n...> wrote:
                  >> hello there i use BE in hex if i use the chief to program or 190 in
                  > dec for
                  >> winlok this gives me around 9v and as my marklin power unit puts out
                  > 10v 9
                  >> seems a fair voltage to use
                  >>
                  >> A H-Ellary the mad UK Z'er with digitrax Chief + winlok 2.1
                  >>
                  >> now with added web page www.nccnet.co.uk/ahellary

                • jjabour
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 4, 2000
                    Kim
                    I use DZ121 in all of my engines and I have no problem with the
                    light. When it's on, it stays on. I only use F0 though and not
                    F1
                    John