Nationals

  • Billy Roden
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 1999
      I see some talk of Z scale Nationals on the board. I would like to share some information with those who may not be aware of a Z scale Southwest meet in Richardson,Texas i.e Dallas,Texas April 15 2000.Sometime ago Ztrack magazine sent out a questionnaire card on a national show to its subscribers asking how far would you travel were would you like it to be etc. As you might think the answers were diverse as the subscribers.I'm taking a lot of Rob kluz's thunder here,but in a conversation with Rob we discussed regional meets and hope to see a national show grow from these.Ztrack (Rob Kluz) will be sponsoring this meet.The seed is planted. Hope to see you there.

      For more information please contact
      Rob Kluz Ztrack@...
    • Ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 1999
        Billy,

        Thank you for the introduction! Yes, there has been much discussion about a
        national show in the U.S. The question that continually arises is if Z scale
        can support a national show solely. If we do not think we have the support
        for a national show just for Z, then we must look at grouping our Z event
        with another national show such as the NMRA nationals.

        From a recent Ztrack survey, we found the majority of respondents did not
        want a show grouped with anther event. They fear that Z will get over looked
        or lost in the crowd. I tend to agree.

        Regardless of the event, we must start the ball rolling. We felt a Regional
        meet will be a great way to start building up to a national show. It gives us
        the opportunity to gauge the support for Z plus offer Z scalers a great
        chance to meet other folks, make contacts, ask questions, and have a day of
        Z! If all works well, we hope to grow this event into a national show for Z
        scale!

        Already the response is wonderful! I have commitments from many Ztrack
        subscribers from all across the US who are planning on flying in for the
        event. The DG&M will have their Z scale modules on display, plus commitments
        from dealers such as Bob's Model Railway Supplies, and Z Train Products will
        give attendees a chance to purchase items at the event. Tentatively,
        seminars, including loco maintenance and scenery tricks are planned.

        This event is not limited to Ztrack subscribers. If you are a Z scaler, or
        simply like trains, we want to see you there! So mark your calendars for
        April 15, 1999 at the Richardson, TX Civic Center. More information on times
        and events will be posted as we have them.

        I hope to see you there!

        Rob Kluz
        Ztrack Magazine