Re: National Train Show report, Day 4

  • Ed Scullin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 1999
      Jeffery, I think that the idea of a Z scale convention is a good one.
      It should probably be planed to be relativly sparsly attended though.
      Seems to me that since Marlkin and Micro Trains are not "competitors"
      they should jointly sponsor the event. (IE pay for the hall). If the
      conventions were held in a cool climate during the summer, I could
      possibly get my wife to go also. I would suggest somewhere in the
      middle of the country. St louis, or KC maybe.
      What did you think of the Aspen valve gear? Their web site sure doesn't
      do much to inspire me to send a check and clamor for immediate
      delivery. Real pictures would help. Do they look like they are a
      "craftsman" project of just an average evening project?
      TIA
      Ed Scullin
    • Jacob Munkhammar
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 1999
        Thanks alot for the great account from the Show, Jeff!
        I especially appreciate the way you value the joy you give those who visit
        your layout.
        I wish you every success in the further adventures of Val Ease Central!
        /Jacob
      • pleahy@xxxxxxxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 1999
          Jeffrey,

          Thanks for the great report.
          Interesting that you should mention the Springfield Ma show. I attended
          that show this past Jan and there was no Z to be found! I was disappointed
          in that respect. (It was otherwise a good show.) Though I heard rumors that
          it was expanding to 3 building next year. I hope to see some Z then!

          Judging from the pic, Your Val-Ease Central is a fantastic layout. I would
          love to get the opportunity someday to see it up close.

          Pete