Re: [z_scale] Re: Mallets - one more time again

  • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 2, 2000
      Dear list,

      has somebody ever tried to find out what 'Mallets' really means? I think, that
      there are different oppinions on the meaning of 'Mallet' at both sides of the
      pond, are they?
      I looked up in the 'Lexikon der Modelleisenbahn' (Encyclopedia of model
      railroading) of the 'transpress-publishing house' and found the following
      mechanism. At the 'Mallet-drive, one driving mechanism is mounted at the main
      fraim and the other driving mechanism is mounted on a separate truck.
      Does this clearifies the problem?
      In this group are falling also the following drives: Meyer and Garrat.

      Regards

      Dieter

      Jeffrey MacHan schrieb:
      > I thought you might like this one...
      > http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/6872/img/v
      > gn__x-a__1.jpg
      >
      > Virginian 2-8-8-8-4
      >
      > Now we have a prototype where we can use all our left over 2-8-2
      > chassis. ;-)
      >
      > Cheers again,
      > Jeffrey

      Dieter W. Nolte
      E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...
    • M. Gottschalch
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 6, 2000
        Dieter_Mac_Nolte@... wrote:

        > 'Amtrak Acela', is this a real new development? My information on Amerikan locos
        > ends with 1998, sorry. So, any info?

        Yes this is an actual loco. Can be seen at
        http://www.railway-technology.com/projects/amtrak/

        --
        Manfred